Register now to get rid of these ads!

March Meet, Bakersfield...ROLL CALL!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Mazooma1, Feb 23, 2008.

1. Big Dad

Big Dad

Ten Toe Trolley it is then ..

Thanks again !

2. It depends how much you're against exercise, staying in shape, and not being an obstruction to everyone else:D:eek::rolleyes:;):p:mad::eek::cool::):

3. Church

Church
    from South Bay

I wanted to go the Detroit Autorama, but it would be sacrilege to miss the MM's 50th.

I've got a booth this year. Stop by and say hello.

4. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

Just wondering... Do they race at night also? I remember seeing on a MFS movie some drag racing at night. Is this the same show? Either way im STOKED!

5. lownrusty

lownrusty

Ill be there with the "California Rattler" altered stop by and say howdy.. Paul

6. I don't remember them racing at night, but they do the Cacklefest at night.

7. The track goes away big time after the sun goes down in March. No racing under the lights in the past.

8. srosa707

srosa707
    from Sacramento

Thanks for the info guys!

9. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

OK Guys,
    Were down to just a few days....
    Anybody else heading to Famoso for a face full of nitro???
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

10. eticket

eticket

I'll be there, Sat only, hope to meet some of y'all finally, and see some of you again in FL :) BTW if you have a AAA card, I think they give you a couple bucks off at the gate, and at the tracks or March meet T-shirt stand.

Mike

11. farm boy

farm boy
    from reedley

Now that Tim Conder will be there, I'm goin' for sure. those rails are....just.....WOW!
    Goin' up with the our club the Nomads (our 51st year) our cars run, it's just gettin us started the problem.
    Will you be runnin' Tim? Best of luck, OLY

The cancer car lives
    Give to cancer research

12. we'll be up...

if there's nothing scheduled, it'll be friday....if there's work it'll be saturday (ugggghhh)

i'll come by the california rattler's pit to aggravate ray's heart condition and bring him some pics of the OLD california rattler (thanks Dennis Doubleday)

[​IMG]

13. lownrusty

lownrusty

So you know about Ray!! His daughter is the new driver, heavy right foot.

Attached Files:

• 501.jpg
      501.jpg
      File size:
      25.4 KB
      Views:
  14. autobilly

autobilly

Man I'd love to go, but it's such a long way from Oz.

15. Searcher

Searcher

The weather forcast for Bakersfield is looking good.

16. i've known ray since i was an infant...he was our neighbor and he bought the old car from my dad...hope becky goes long on sunday!

17. GREASEMONKEY72

GREASEMONKEY72

dunno if ill make it there or not, if i do make it itll be on sunday unless the rc racing plans change, im gona try to drive my truck there so look for a 72 chevy in red primer with gray primer doors/roof/tailgate and black ftw on the doors with whitewalls (most likely in the parking lot unless i can bring it in)

(pic in profile)

18. RustyRedRam

RustyRedRam

I'll be there. Hopefully the dragster will be too . . . fingers crossed.

19. Shag

Shag

I will be there starting from Thursday as I'm racing. Dark Green 64 Chevy II in the Hotrod class, Car #W730. You have to get up or get in early to see us go. We are scheduled at 8:00 Am every day! Keeping my fingers crossed to go past 3rd round this year and have a personal best finish ever at the March Meet!

Was at the track today (Monday) picking up my racers package. The whole front parking lot was full of motorhomes waiting to get in (Gates don't open till Wednesday). These were mostly spectators not racers. The good news though is that the weather should be just perfect high 60's low 70's all weekend!

The car count is through the roof! 32 Funny cars and 26 TF Dragsters are registered, both competing for a 16 car field each. The action on Saturday ought to be pretty intense in the fuel ranks. There are just about 150 cars in my class so we will have 7 rounds all on Sunday! Should be a great time for everyone, spectators and racers alike!

See Ya there.

Shag

Attached Files:

20. Mazooma1

Mazooma1

Holy Crap!
    Did you here that? 32 funny cars!
    Man, does that sound like one of those great old Steve Evans style radio commercials for Irwindale:
    32 Funny Cars, Thirty-Two Funnnnny Cars!!!
    Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!!!!
    BEEEEE THERRRRRRRRE!
    :):):):):)
    See you guys there...

21. Shoprag

Shoprag

I agree with shag, if the weather is anything like it was today, it's gonna be a great weekend.

It sucks phil will be there without his better half. Last time I missed the chili because of the drinking, but I do hope you feel good so you can enjoy the weekend. I see a double or triple batch of chili in the future, maybe dragfest?

22. Deadender60

Deadender60

I'll be there Saturday..

23. Conder

Conder

We've got Satan just about ready, but S.O.G. has to stay home on the porch. I don't have anywhere to put both rails after the MM! I'm shooting for pre-firing the car at Rex Hutchison's in Sacramento tomorrow, then I have to finish the trailer!? My '62 is getting a hitch put on it right now. It's all WAY beyond reason and rationality man...@!#$ing NUTS.

Attached Files:

24. Toymaker

Toymaker
    from Fresno,CA

Can't wait to check it out!

25. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

should be a blast! my wifes sisters motorhome is in place and we will be there fri/sat/sun.

My work bonus hits the bank on Thursday so hopefully there will be something at the swap meet that I need.

My 52 is staying at home though as the fuel line problems have not been worked out.

If the weather holds it will be an amazing weekend. I had heard one of the dads of a kid that races that there will be over 500 cars. not sure if he was talking racing or for the car show or total...either way it sounds like this will be one of the biggest March Meets. People at my work that have not been in years are all pumped about this one too.

26. Be there, or be somewhere else:

Attached Files:

27. TKuhl

TKuhl
    from Pac NW

planning on making it!

28. Shag

Shag

Lotus, they were talking about just the race cars. They cut off registration a while back. If you are not pre registered you ain't getting in to race! All of the advance tickets for spectaters are now gone as well. You have to pay at the gate to get in. It's going to be a great weekend!

29. Randy Bradford

Randy Bradford

Pop and I will be there to enjoy some sun and lots of friends.
    Wish we were bringing the car.
    Randy Bradford

30. We're leaving tonight and driving straight through. 18 hours of "southbound and down"