Register now to get rid of these ads!

March Meet 2008 Pictures!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by RatBone, Mar 8, 2008.

1. Conder

Conder

I copied this from the roll call thread...I made it down there on Sunday! We put the car in Rod & Kulture's booth and everything went real well. Big thanks to Zombie and his crew! By the time I got home it was nearly 48 hours without sleep...and the ROADS on the way down were !@#$ed UP. I spent the daylight hours watching my rail bounce a foot in the air, and the night time hours wondering if it was still back there. KOOKY.

There were some badass cars down there and I met quite a few people from the HAMB (awesome). Coby from CHURCH officially became a sponsor and is a damn fine human being as well. All in all it was an insane thrash, but aside from a couple fittings that showed up late and the absence of a 2000 dollar starting system, we're ready to run...er, well, ready except for those things, a fire suit and maybe 5 grand extra at the end of my month!!!!!!! !@#$ man, my car might be a tire smoker, but it ain't "the old days" anymore boys. Bring $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ if ya wanna run FUEL.

Big thanks to everybody who helped me get down there! For 8 years folks have been asking me "Are you gonna be at the --------- with your cars Tim?" and I never knew for sure, but it was always, "We're shooting for the '04 CHRR" or "Maybe we'll be at the '06 March Meet." I hear Saturday was the day to be there, but I was widening my trailer axle and drinkin' coffee by the pot that day! Sunday had to do and it was great. Next step is catching up on parts bills, setting up a ford snout starter and finding a fire suit and fuel mask. - Fuelers Forever, Conder

Attached Files:

2. Searcher

Searcher

Nice looking Dragster, Conder.

Cool to see one on an open trailer with a period correct tow car.

3. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

Hey Condor, If you need a fire suite or any other sftey equip. Call Tom over at On Track Motorsport Supply, his number is:

805-484-3435

He's outfitted Bobby Green with his Fire suit, and is a realll good guy, Tell him Mike told you to call him and he'll treat ya' good.

4. MichaelDorman

MichaelDorman

BTW, beutiful dragster!!

5. jfrolka

jfrolka

Hey Conder...
    What class are you gonna run with that thing!?!?!?

6. jangleguy

jangleguy

Hey congrats man!!! We were all cheering you on from here. Guess it was only a matter of time before you hit the big one - man, that's gotta be sweet! Biggest HR field ever, at the 50th annual...It's poetic justice that the hometown boy won. Savor it...
    Hey Shag - don't you think the Gosson Bros distributor had a lot to do with your success?
    Scotty

7. jangleguy

jangleguy

8. It's a Top Fuel car! Conder has 2 of them,complete with period tow cars.:D

9. [​IMG]
    Mixin up some fuel.
    [​IMG]
    Cool OZ car.
    [​IMG]
    Talented young pinstriper.

10. Some action:
    [​IMG]
    Gotta love big smokey burnouts.
    [​IMG]
    The awesome Winged Express!
    [​IMG]
    On the green light.

Next year, I gotta get closer to the action. Taking pictures from the stands or the fence just isn't as cool.

11. hemi

hemi

Shag! That's awesome, I know you're stoked... Car looks better with the Keystones, too...

12. Conder

Conder

Thanks everybody! Right now, I have about 5,000 bucks in bills to pay before I can go further. After I'm caught up I'll be looking for a fire suit and a snout starter set-up. We'll be push starting when we run, but ya gotta have a starter for firing in the pits these days.

The car's ready except for a magneto with at least 9 amps. That little Vertex is fine for start up, but I can't chance running hard with it. Tom Cirello has a sweet set-up but I need to get him a Mallory Super Mag III,IV or V generator body and 1,400 bucks. I've got new slicks and liners too thanks to Pete Jensen, but the list goes on...I think I have to register with Home Land Security for the privilege of paying 25 bucks a gallon for nitro too...MONEYMONEYMONEYMONEY! Waaaaaaa!

Attached Files:

13. RatBone

RatBone

I had to stay away from that black chevy for sale. It was calling me!I can't even look at the picture.

14. Green49Ford

Green49Ford

15. CHR MIKE

CHR MIKE
    from Sonora, CA

Hey D-
    Johnny is right!! It's really me!! I'm the Hamber!!! Had a great time visiting with you on Saturday night. Got to do it more often!! Hope you had a safe trip home!!
    K-:)

16. CHR MIKE

CHR MIKE
    from Sonora, CA

Hey Johnny,
    Poor Mike!! So glad you could make it out all the way from Mississippi for the March meet!!! We had a great time! Got the count down goin'! 14 months or less!!! Talk to you soon!
    K-:)

17. KING CHASSIS

KING CHASSIS

Conder- Simply beautiful. Bet it was nice to haul Satan with your old reliable wagon. Station wagons, blown fuelers and California go together like penut butter and jelly. I bet this is what you looked like behind the wheel on the way down there, :D. Glad you made it. Oh and Church Magazine as a sponsor! How fitting!!
    Brian

18. Shag

Shag

Thanks Jimmy, I was looking for you all weekend but never saw you. I agree the Keystones really look good on the car.

Scotty, I would totally give credit to your dizzy if it was in the car but alas it is not. Still in the box you sent it to me in. I hope you got some use out of that Vertex Mag I traded you. When you coming down here again?

Tim saw your dragster, wow!

19. Hey Conder, I took a picture of your wagon, but I didn't know it was yours. Car looked great, and so did your digger. My 63 Merc has the same front bumper as your wagon.
    [​IMG]

20. Conder

Conder

Thanks man, that poor ol' Ford has seen some MILES! She pulled the rail just fine, but that aluminum jack I had inside with me nearly drove me insane....CLICKaclackCLAAACKclickcaclackclackclackCLACKCLACK etc etc for nearly 16 hours of driving. I'm inventing a rubber pit jack.

Those Merc wagons are wicked, are there pictures of it on here somewhere?

Thanks Brian, if you were working with me the last couple weeks we probably could've made it down there on thursday. With a 'chute tail. And maybe a camera.

21. nice pics , thanks

22. Searcher

Searcher

I'm a trucker, so of course I noticed this old long nosed Pete.
    The driver said this was it's first time out.
    It's chopped and all smoothed, even the frame and tanks.
    It had a dropped front axel with reverse arched springs and air bags on top of them.

I resized this to be smaller, but it isn't :confused:

[​IMG]

23. casper

casper

I took my wife and daughters (10 & 13 years old) on Saturday, now there all bugging me for purses from Trophygirl !!! What a great day. Thanks go out to all the drivers for putting on an awesome show!

24. HAMMER-HEAD

HAMMER-HEAD
    from england

awsome pleas keep them cominmg

25. lotus

lotus
    from Taft, CA

tell me about it...265 dollars later my wife has the gold glitter purse and wallet. Last year she got a wallet and told me next year she would be buying a purse too.

I asked her if she would upholster my car. she said her helper (other girl there) could do it no prob as she can do all that stuff. I would so do it. Her work is killer.