Register now to get rid of these ads!

March banger meet

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by V4F, Mar 1, 2009.

1. Flat Ernie

Flat Ernie
    Tech Editor

Last I heard, Dwight had sold out and wasn't doing anymore unless he got a lot of interest. His prices have gone up a bit too - materials and everything else driving it. Someone has talked to him recently about it.

I do have one of his adapters - maybe I can take it to the machine shop and they can build some more. I may look into that in a couple years when I return from overseas...

2. HotRodMicky

HotRodMicky

Hi Bluto,
    in which cars/years does the 5-speed volvo come from?
    tia
    michael

3. Dirtynails

Dirtynails
    from garage

4. Crazydaddyo

Crazydaddyo

5. trestles126

trestles126

how many of you guys are running thermostats in your banger A's to regulate water temps? before i reinstal my waterpump i was just curious. the car never really had issues before never got super hot once in a blue moon it would leak out of the overflow tube but nothing substantial at all.

6. noboD

noboD

Dude, this is a March 2009 thread.

7. Peter J

Peter J

Steve,
    Regarding mains and no shims. My B block didn't have any shims and the previous owner mentioned possible "noise". I got the ole plastiguage out and got .002 but when I filed it down to remove the high spots it locked up showing .0015. I think my crank is a little OOR. I guess shims should be the answer?
    Pete

8. ... again, this is a 2 year old thread :)