Register now to get rid of these ads!

March 2004 Hot Rod Magazine

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by SamIyam, Feb 15, 2004.

1. I think it may have been the Starsky & Hutch Torino on the front cover, but for whatever reason I picked up HRM on the news stand today and was pleasantly surprized.

I think it's because I've been saturated by the entire "scene" that surrounds the "RAT-Traditional-Nostalgia Rod" movement that HRM seems fresh to me... there's a great story on a couple of match race style drag cars that are street friendly and can rip off ten second quarter mile times, the seal on the S&H cars that were built for the movie... and for big-ass barges they are pretty fast... a retro story on the legend of the Turbonique drag axle... a neat intro to the new GTO, which in my opinion is probably going to breath new life into rear wheel performance in America as well as seguay into a new Chevelle... a story on the Texas Mile... a balls out one mile drag race... A kick ass story on a Sweden dude that built a '64 Galaxie into a vintage NASCAR look-alike... and above all an editorial that rings true with why I'm thinking a diverse interest in all things rodding is a little more healthy than being into just "one thing".

Check it out,
    Sam.

2. And they are doing a buildup on a glass '32 that looks like a kick ass hot rod... big block, five speed... drag race four link...
    Sam.

3. JamesG

JamesG

I like the editorial in the very front about message boards. Very true stuff there...........

4. ckdesigns

ckdesigns
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Ogden,Utah

In the Feb hot rod they had the new and the old So-cal belly Tank lakesters first time I bought Hot Rod mag usually too many muscle cars.

5. Mutt

Mutt

Sam - I read Hot Rod, Car Craft, Street Rodder, Rod and Custom, and even the Super Chevy type mags. There is a wealth of information about engines, suspension, and all other aspects of rodding and motorsports in those mags. Haven't mentioned any of it because this board is about traditional cars, but since I grew up as a gear head from '55, and was lucky enough to live through all of what I consider the golden era, I like them all.

Each type of auto sport has something to contribute, and people miss a lot by not looking around at other venues.

The editorial was spot on.

Dan

6. ShortBus

ShortBus

Did you notice the Mr Clean AutoDry ads? [​IMG]