Register now to get rid of these ads!

Marbet hydraulic throttle (help)

Discussion in 'The Antiquated' started by bajabob, Oct 15, 2019.

1. bajabob

bajabob
    from socal

I searched most of the pages with very little info on how to bleed this thing (prior to posting here). Before taking it all apart to see what makes it work and maybe not getting it back together correctly can anyone share the proper technique to refill it with fluid? The piston inside the cylinders seem to move but it looks like the fluid has leaked out (this thing has not been run in years).
    There is no obvious place to fill and or bleed the air from the system. Some might suggest tossing this in favor of a cable system, but it want to keep it as correct as I can.
    It is in an early flatbottom.

Thanks in advance.
    bb IMG_0596.JPG IMG_0598.JPG IMG_0605.JPG IMG_0606.JPG IMG_6010.JPG

2. bajabob

bajabob
    from socal

Needing to keep this moving, I reached out to Dave Connelly at Connelly Marine in Lake Havasu City who suggested if I wasn’t going to replace it with a cable system, pull it out and take it to a hydraulic shop to see if they could help!!! What a novel idea!!!

Once it came out I began to look a little closer and found the port to fill/bleed the system???

It went to the hydraulic shop today just to test it and find the leak(possible stripped threads on the motor side fitting).

Get the generator back soon then it might be time for another test fire??
    IMG_0610.JPG IMG_0611.JPG IMG_0612.JPG

Sent from my iPad using The H.A.M.B. mobile app