Register now to get rid of these ads!

many many thanks from buddha bill and the alliance auction

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blacktopbuddha, Aug 21, 2013.

1. As fantastic as the Drags were this year, I'd have to say that the auction was just as good. The weather couldn't have been any better. No asses melted down into shoes this year. When I was a bit swamped, somebody inevitably came along to help get things rolling smooth again. All in all, it was a freaking awesome weekend.

The goal was to raise at least $250 for each class winner to donate to charity. That was handily met, and I will soon be in touch with the winners to coordinate that end of it.

The first person I need to thank is Terry Gordon, the wife of G V Gordon (he was a big help too). She was the angel on my shoulder all day. Man oh man, they walked up at just the right time and things just clicked from the start. It's almost as if she were running this gig for years instead of myself. George, please let your lovely wife know what a huge help she was. Thank you both so much.

Next, tlowe and his two sons. I didn't catch their names, but I just call them the tornado brothers. There were boxes and boxes of things that needed to be taken care of and put on display. Bang, in no time flat it was done.

NoSurf had an ez-up right next to the auction and Jay has some sort of sixth sense when things need to get done. He saw it, walked on over, and there it was...done.

The guys that helped at the end that put their screaming voices to the test calling out winners; general gow, NoSurf, G V Gordon (also official photographer), and zman.

The guy in charge of the dough, deadbird.

Parts runners OBFB HA/GR and highboy32 had to make sense of the mish mash that was laid out on the tables and get it to the rightful owners. I think I saw hotrodladycrusr pitching in there as well. I was so damn busy with the rest of the gig.

chadillac who came up with the killer artwork for this years tee shirts. Dig it man.

OBFB HA/GR Nigel, dude you sold a kidney just to fly here!!!:D Then, you ran all over the place helping me out. You rule and the Drags are always better with you there.

ryno buddy I couldn't do it without you.

zman the bbq funnel worked!

Everybody that bid and the winners. THANK YOU. It means the world to me that you folks come to check out this little circus.

Holy cow! There were a ton of donors this year. So, in no particular order...

ALLIANCE VENDORS

Hot Rod Garage
    O'Brien Truckers
    The Rodder's Journal
    Restoration Supply Company
    Capp's Hot Rods
    Butch's Cool Stuff
    Highway 99 Hot Rods
    Brookville Roadster
    The Night Prowlers
    Maund Speed Equipment
    Dagger Tools
    Irrational Metalworks
    Coker Tire
    EZ Cool Insulation
    The Hot Rod Company
    FPM Metals
    Pete and Jake's
    Lime Works Speed Shop
    Gear Drive Speed and Custom

HAMB members
    Rusty
    MoKanMan
    Church
    pops29
    Saxman
    OBFB HA/GR
    biggeorge
    NoSurf
    Todd Jones
    HOTRODPRIMER
    Jeffrey James
    Del Swanson
    customcory
    40Studedude
    dickster27
    BigKen
    russco
    povertyflats
    Travisfromkansas
    twotallokie
    zman
    sodbuster
    KCsledz
    Chigger
    tlowe
    Kenny Mutert
    jetmech69
    malcolm
    G V Gordon
    deadbird
    Navigator 23
    3kross
    Tsquared

COOL 4 YEAR OLD
    Noah

MoKanMan thank you for letting this gathering of hoodlums take over your track for a day. Smooth smooth smooth

Last and certainly not least - Ryan, whatever I've asked for the reply has always been "Yeah, that's cool." I'm sure Allinace Vendors and others have gotten in touch with you asking "Who is this guy asking for things?" In some sort of way I've ridden your coat tails for a few years. Thank you.

If I've missed anyone, it is certainly not intentional.

It's y'all that make this wheel spin round.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart...and we'll do it all again next year.

2. ryno

ryno

a big THANK YOU bill, for doing what you do...

3. Malcolm

Malcolm
    from Nebraska

Thanks for everything you do, Bill!

Malcolm

4. 3kross

3kross
    Alliance Vendor
    from Adrian, MO

Hey Bill you did a awesome job I cant wait to help out again next year!

5. Deadbird

Deadbird

Thanks again Bill for running the auction. It's really cool how this thing has grown over the years. Jesse and I are already plotting for next year.

6. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Hey Bill, the pleasure was all ours. The auction has been a big part of the "Drags" experience and we are ready to pitch in next year.

Even the years we haven't been able to attend I always tried to send a donation, made me feel like I got to participate even when I wasn't there.

Great job as always, kudos to you and all our fellow worker bees!

7. NoSurf

NoSurf

Great Job Bill and all your helpers!

8. chaddilac

chaddilac

Glad to have helped!! thanks again Bill!!

9. My first year to make a donation and it won't be my last. HRP

10. Im glad to be able to donate stuff you can always count me in

11. sodbuster

sodbuster
    from Kansas

HUGE!!! Thank You for what you have been doing over the years. RULER!

Chris Nelson
    Kansas

12. stan292

stan292

You are the MAN Bill! Great to hear you're still kickin' ass with the auction.

I hope all is well with you and your family.

Take care pal.

13. OBFB HA/GR

OBFB HA/GR

Bill you make the auction, you do an awesome job and it was my privilege to be able to help out the small amount I did. See you again soon. Nigel.

14. Glad it went well Bill. Wish I could have been involved this year. Be sure to remind me next time around.

Mark

15. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Thank you, and it's always a pleasure to be able to lend a hand with it.