Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mandatory Pictures!!!

Discussion in 'Questions & Suggestions' started by footbrake, Mar 15, 2012.

1. footbrake

footbrake

I think that it should be mandatory for anyone selling a car that they must post a pic with the add or the add won't appear. :rolleyes:Do some of these gents on here think they are so high & mighty that they will sell a car just because they post an add. I myself won't even look at an add, and I don't care if it's a '46 ford convertable for $100.00 if the person don't even have the class or gumption to show the piece, he shouldn't be allowed to post an add. Of course this is only my opinion but I feel a lot better now that I have said it.:D

2. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I'd like to add the stipulation that with a car there has to shots from all sides, inside and under the hood, if you take a photo and cut most of the car out of it or take 5 photos all from the same side and angle your ad should not be posted! ;)

Oh, and none of those ones with a photo of someone else's car and saying yours looks just like it... in this day and age everyone has a camera, if you say you don't and yet you have a computer and internet access then I smell a fibber.:rolleyes:

3. 60galaxieJJ

60galaxieJJ

i could get on board with all these suggestions as well

4. footbrake

footbrake

Very often when I go to an add and see there are no pictures , I don't even read any further. If you really want to sell something you'll put some pics in and make sure they are legit. Oh yeah,:rolleyes: another thing that I have to laugh at is when they say "ran when parked" what???:eek: that tells me that it doesn't run at all and they don't know if it ever ran or what year it ever ran. Just how I see it though:D

5. It's always been my opinion that good pics are what sell an item, no matter what your selling.

6. footbrake

footbrake

Hey you guys, I may have started a new thread here. :D what do you think?;)

7. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Too hard to police... Just don't buy anything that you don't have pics of. Easy fix!

8. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

Every so often a FNG tosses out an idea that is worthwhile. Sometimes not so much.
    I would sggest that you, footbrake, compose a message directly to Ryan. He is the "Godfather" of this website. It's his baby and his vision for where it goes is entirely up to him. Since the days of the internet it seems that everyone has an opinion about everything, but he, Ryan, is the bottom line.

LOL....Ryan posted just before I typed and sent this. Hey, Ryan, it's all good as is.

9. Ryan is right. It may be a pain for the "looky loos" browsing the adds, but if your a serious buyer you'll contact the seller. If you won't enquire about a 46' Ford conv for $100 your not a buyer are you?
    Besides, some of us are to old or to dumb to figure out how to post pictures.

10. footbrake

footbrake

Hey, it's just my opinion guys. I wanted to know if anyone else thought the same. That's all. It's a great site that brings back a lot of memories:). I'm 65 and been racing since 1968 and am still racing:cool:

11. silent rick

silent rick

we're not a classified site.

12. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

So those forums with all the stuff for sale really are a hallucination...

Thanks for clearing that up! ;)

13. silent rick

silent rick

no, we're a traditional hotrod and custom site which has a classifieds section as a convenience to it's members. the classifieds can easily go away and most of us would still be here.

14. Never2low

Never2low

Amen!
    What if the classified section was locked? Only accessable to Alliance Members?
    Hmmmmm...... That would really be intresting.

15. Flatheadguy

Flatheadguy

per silent rick......
    ".....we're a traditional hotrod and custom site which has a classifieds section as a convenience to it's members. the classifieds can easily go away and most of us would still be here."

EXACTLY!!

16. footbrake

footbrake

You can bet that every ad would have lots of pictures and good ones too. The fly by nights wouldn't bother.

17. brad chevy

brad chevy

This is the Hamb,not Craigslist . Why is it always a FNG thats wants to change things ? Hell footbrake,you've been here since 2009,still a FNG .If you want to help the site become an alliance member. Just saying.

18. 117harv

117harv

How does becoming an alliance member help the site? Becoming an alliance member does help Ryan with the expense of running this place day to day but thats where it ends, maybe i'm wrong? I think becoming a contributing member with tech info, pics etc. is what helps the site, without it there is no HAMB. I see a new avatar pop up from time to time and see that they have been a member for years with a hundred or less posts. FNG means nothing to me, some buy an alliance membership right off and their FNG moniker is gone, they still are an FNG. There are FNGs here that have been around customs and or hot rods for 40 or more years and know their shit, they just don't post much, does that mean their posts are of less value? Yes, i should be an alliance member by now, but even though i lack that i think i have helped members and the overall forum with my posts, well most of them.

To the OPs question, this is a traditional hot rod and custom site first, with a handy classifides section as a bonus. That being said, yes pics of cars and or parts would help ALL involved:)

Last edited: Mar 27, 2012
  19. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

People that think higher post count means you have more valid opinions have no idea it really means you have a bigger penis...

I don't think it matters if you've been here 10 years or 1, or have 50 or 5000 posts, suggestions and ideas should not be bad things.

20. metalshapes

metalshapes

You are absolutely right.

Postcount means nothing.

The way to build a good reputation is by posting Valueable Content.

Things that are Relevant and On Topic.

Which is something the OP has not done yet.

All his posts on the Main Board were relating to pinstripes he wanted on his Off Topic '80s vehicle.

21. LN7 NUT

LN7 NUT

I never looked at his other posts... net is crap right now... that's pretty disappointing.