Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs man nobody has pontiac floor pics...man..o_0

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jim Lato, Dec 26, 2017.

1. Jim Lato

Jim Lato

i have been looking my ass off for bare floors where a person has their entire interior out so i can see if i can make use of any of the chevy bracing on my 55 poncho. i have every support brace and floor plan/location printed off to see if i can write something up on modifications or direct replacement. i know 55 chev n 55 Pontiac body stuff isnt real interchangeable without crazy mods but i am going to give it a shot once the winter has passed cause its 30 below out... im hoping to find some science to some of these parts to help the guys out that do have 55-57 ponchos. crossing fingers here. gonna build a plan. i can get inner dog legs lower outer front floor pans and trunk stuff which mine arent real bad but i think im going to get the new stuff anyways to make a decent write up. if anyone has any mods they did let me know, i know im going to find making my own stuff and massaging this and that will be part of the mix but i want to see if i can narrow down what a guy can just buy and slightly mod or not. kind of excited to do this but in a sense i dont want to cause i like driving the car so much. and my shop is full of sh#t for the winter... i am going to start checking out the floors and bracing on my car to see if i can make some sense, the heater core in the floor should be an easy cut out and weld back in if a guy had to use a chev floor pan, but i did find Pontiac has them, on https://www.c2cfabrication.com/collections/all/pontiac+chieftain+1955 and there is stuff on ebay. wish me luck and post some photos of any custom floors or chevy mod stuff to get your cars buttoned up. thanks
    Jim

chryslerfan55 likes this.
  2. indyjps

indyjps

If its not a restoration, you can take some liberties on floors. Have your drivetrain available, fit the chevy floors and make the braces fit, or bend/trim up some channel. Lots of builds get scratch made floors on square tube...you can get pretty close to factory appearing with some planning.

Interested to see what you come up with.

3. wvenfield

wvenfield

If it's Pontiac you just go for it. Not a ton of advice on non stock applications. (though there are some who are very informative). Unless I was doing a stock restoration if it was me, I'd probably just buy a Chevy pan and go for it. If you are capable enough to replace the pans, you can make them fit.

Luckily mine had an excellent floor to start with.

4. Jim Lato

Jim Lato

yes i agree, mine arent bad but it seems the rust has favored channels along the floor pans. but i want to see if i can make this semi straight forward when guys are looking to make this happen. so ill be taking lots of notes throughout my process as well as photos to update you all. now lets get this damn cold overwith, unless one of you guys wanna help me add onto the shop, ill buy beer

indyjps likes this.

5. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Rob parts from other makes:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Jim Lato likes this.
  6. ems customer service

ems customer service

55 chevy floor are the same, floor brace maybe pontiac only