Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Mallory mag cap ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by milwscruffy, Aug 5, 2020.

1. Found this going through old boxes and from the color of it assuming Mallory ? Whats the extra plug wire port about ? Measures 4 1/4" where it index's into the dist / mag. It was in with 392 Hemi stuff. Don't see any numbers except a 1 on the inside of the cap. Appears to be NOS . Thanks for the help 102_1402.JPG 102_1403.JPG

2. I think you have a Du-Coil cap, I don't know much about them.

I believe they use two coils Du(al) Coil

I found a complete N.O.S. S.B.C Du-Coil at a swapmeet several years ago cheep, doubled my money in about 45 mins my friends said I didn't ask nearly enough. I was happy, the guy who bought was a friend and needed it.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2020
    milwscruffy likes this.
  3. Thanks, did a quick search and came up with nothing. I can see it now, so rare no one needs one !:D

4. They were hot a short time ago, they may still be. I stepped away form the hot rod scene a couple years and got heavily involved in vintage oval track racing. So I am a little out of the loop.

@Moriarity could give better insight on how the work and if the are still in demand.

Moriarity and milwscruffy like this.

5. bchctybob

bchctybob

If you are looking to sell it PM me. I have two DuCoil distributors in service and I’d like to have a spare cap and rotors

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

milwscruffy likes this.
  6. Moriarity

Moriarity
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

yup W&H dual coil... caps and rotors are pretty tough to find in good condition. you see a fair amount of them with plug wire towers broke off. I think they are made of something brittle

milwscruffy likes this.
  7. So what did W&H stand for ? First I've heard of this brand.

8. bchctybob

bchctybob

I never really looked into the history of W+H, no idea who W and H were. I had one in a car I built back in the '60s and it worked well. During the update of my roadster I'm installing a 324 Olds and hydro similar to the combo I had back then and I found the same distributor.
    I believe they were eventually bought out my Mr Gasket Corp.

9. Harman & Collins were involved Du-Coils at some point correct?

10. PM sent