Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Mallory Flat Cap Dizzy Question - Y11A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by A BONED, May 9, 2016.

1. A BONED

A BONED

I have an issue where my model B banger idles and runs great to about 2,500 rpm then seems to miss and not rev past this point. I've been trying to sort this issue out for months now with no luck.

I'm using an old cast iron bodied Mallory flat cap distributor model # Y11A. Just recently, I’ve noticed that the rotor button I’m using is the ‘floating’ variety and the distributor cap I have has the spring loaded centre carbon electrode. I’ve read that you should have either a floating rotor with a fixed carbon electrode cap, or a solid rotor with a spring loaded cap. Has anyone had any experience with running both spring loaded rotor and cap, could this cause my banger not to rev past 2,500 rpm…?

This issue is either fuel or spark related, and I’ve gone through a heap of potential issues and haven’t found the problem yet. Wondering if anyone can help from experience.