Register now to get rid of these ads!

Making real progress on my A

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by thepolecat, Jun 18, 2009.

1. thepolecat

thepolecat
    1. S.F.C.C.

I added a bunch of new pics to my album- Put a few here to show y'all where im at.

I am out of town this week, then i come back for a few days them I'm out again- all during these conferences all I can do is think about finishing the car and i end up sketing ideas and crap when I should be listening.

Addiction is so much fun!!

Attached Files:

2. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

Very nice. So, tell us about that trans connected to that A motor. I missed it the first time.

3. thepolecat

thepolecat
    1. S.F.C.C.

It is a t-5 out of an s-10. I got a full kit from "auto resorations" in Indiana. It had all the brackets and stuff. The trans still uses the stock Ford throw out bearing, but the clutch is modern and now i will have 5! gears. There was alot of grinding and fitting to get it to work. As good as the kit was it was not 100% accurate. But thats what I love about metal- you and beat the shit out if it and make it work. I had to get a modern drive shaft. and the rear end was modified to adapt to it. It makes it much more driver friendly.

I got the car as a rolling frame and much of it was being helt together with bailing wire; so I am not worried about making this an original car. It is a driver car, and will be a FUN car. I have 2 engines laying around and 2 of just about everything so if i muck it up i can replace it...like i broke the return spring holder on the throw out bearing and had to use my backup.

I love this toy. (most days)

4. NINE INCH

NINE INCH

Thanks for the info. Doing the same myself. Always cool to see how the other half builds. Beautiful project. I would like to keep following along. Please post your progress. B

5. thepolecat

thepolecat
    1. S.F.C.C.