Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Making gaskets with Cricut Maker and DesignSpace program

Discussion in 'Traditional Hot Rods' started by Willy_P, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Willy_P

Willy_P

I stumbled on this video of a fellow needing to make a gasket for an obsolete chainsaw using his wife’s Cricut machine.

I want to pass this along in case someone on the board has a need to create a hard to create or obsolete gasket.

I retired in December 2018. My wife makes leather earrings and uses the Cricut Maker machine to cut the leather.
    My next job is to learn how to connect it to a computer and use it to produce her leather products.

The design space app and the cutter seems to resemble the Microsoft Visio drawing tool and a CNC cutter.
    There are mats with a sticky surface that permit you to lay your material for cutting so it will not move easily.
    The software allows you to create a “project” of the desired image using a visual mat that matches the physical one in the machine. You can copy/paste an image several times to create several objects on one pass.

I think it is a pretty cool use of this machine
    Bill

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

Joemama, 303racer and Tim like this.
  2. Tim

Tim
    from Raytown Mo

That’s genius. We make all sorts of stuff with ours - actually have a silhouette but they are similar- and it never even crossed my mind to make gaskets.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  3. Tim

Tim
    from Raytown Mo

Bump for the day crew ;) this really is a great idea

4. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

My wife has had 2 of those. Both just quit working. The first time she got a hold of the company and they sent her a new one. The second time I think the new one lasted maybe 3 months. Same thing...just flat quit working. Not like it was overworked...mostly just paper and vinyl for her scrap booking stuff.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. Tim

Tim
    from Raytown Mo

Bummer, which one does she have?