Register now to get rid of these ads!

Major cluster - I think I may be sick...

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Buzznut, Oct 19, 2012.

1. kirby1374

kirby1374

I think he means temporary because it will all peel off soon :eek:

2. Moonequipt13

Moonequipt13

Looks like a newer jeep color. If you are prepping a surface for a metallic paint use a grey scuff pad, metallics will settle into the scratches caused by a red scuff pad. Carborundum makes the best scuff pads

3. Buzznut

Buzznut

They paint job turned out great...don't even need to color sand them. I'm upset because the paint didn't adhere like it would have if I had been given better advice. It'll look good temporarily.

"Doesn't look that bad"...sheesh, thanks a lot bro. :D

4. Buzznut

Buzznut

The new Jeep color is Rescue green...I almost went that way but it is a lot more yellow/gold and much lighter too. It's a cool color though, I'd love to see it on a nice custom/rod.

5. Elbow

Elbow
    from outskirts

Touch them up with a swordtail striping brush and don't sweat it. I dont think they are going to be as apt to peel or chip as you think.

I'm a big fan of using one coat of 2 part epoxy primer for these type of jobs. You can spray the topcoat wet on wet after letting the primer coat tack off for a half hour or so.

6. drflex

drflex

x2 looking to paint my bike green

7. This sucks, I know. But I don't think it's a major cluster, only a minor. Think positive. If this is the worst thing that happens during your build, you're in pretty good shape.

The paint does look good, by the way.

8. I paint all of my wheels white and add white walls at the same time with a rattle can. I think the paint helps seal the tire to the rim and kind of hides the weather checks.;):):eek:

Just kidding!

I bent a powder coated wheel and had it straightened and powder coating did not scratch or show signs of stress. Powder coating is brake fluid, rock chip and grease resistant.

9. stude_trucks

stude_trucks

10. robyyo

robyyo
    from Orange CA

You know it could be worse, a couple of months ago I was painting some Pontiac Rally 2's, I shot the silver and the next day I was going to shoot the gray, I had bought the stencils and was ready to go, but the paint wasn't dry, so I waited another day. Still not dry. Next day still not dry.....the paint store had given me the wrong activator.

11. Buzznut

Buzznut

That WOULD suck...what a mess to clean up. They gave you the replacement paint and hardener free of charge I hope.

12. robyyo

robyyo
    from Orange CA

They did, but THAT was a cluster ____. Sand paper just gummed up, had to use aircraft stripper and that took forever. BTW did I read correctly? $5.99 per chrome stem?

13. Buzznut

Buzznut

KALIFORKYA!!!! They actually BANNED hexavalent chromium and everything chrome went up in price. This state sucks...