Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Maiden Voyage today! and a secret revealed

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Crusty Nut, Sep 17, 2009.

1. Crusty Nut

Crusty Nut

I took the "GASBOY" sedan on it's maiden voyage today. It is always so cool when they start moving under their own power.:) I took a couple runs up and down the county road and finished it up with a donut in the yard.:rolleyes:
    There are about 100 loose ends to attend to, but I should be expanding my terrorizing outside of my neighborhood very soon.

Now for the secret. Some of you will hate it and some of you will like it. For power I am running a Cummins 4BT. It will spend time running on bio or waste oil, and should do pretty well on power and mileage, which is a plus since I put lots of miles on my cars.

On to the pictures.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Crusty Nut

Crusty Nut

Tail lights from Crafty B
    [​IMG]

Dash shots
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. str8axle55

str8axle55
    from MA

I think the fact you are running a diesel is fantastic. Nobody can b*tch cause it`s an SBC. How did the install go, what trans are you running? Are you pleased with it so far?

4. Ratty55

Ratty55
    from Frohna,MO

Ironic: Gasboy runs on diesel.

5. BZNEIL

BZNEIL

Looks Cool! I like the engine choice and that is a great color orange.
    Congratulations!

6. Crusty Nut

Crusty Nut

Thanks, I'm running a M5R2 (5 speed) and after just a couple blasts up the road I'm really stoked. I still am going to put in a different governor spring and tweak the pump a little. It also really needs a muffler. Just the down pipe right now is a bit much.

7. one of the best diesel/hotrods I have seen. Most posted here are utter abortions!

8. That's a nice car! It really looks fantastic , but how does it sound?(insert sound clip here)

9. CruiseOrDie

CruiseOrDie
    from Cincy, OH

Amazing! I always thought a diesel rod would be cool and unique idea. Just never thought I'd see it in something that pretty.

The Kenworth gauges are a nice touch too!

Props for being unique, thumbs up from my neck of the woods!

10. Crusty Nut

Crusty Nut

Yeah, there is a method to my madness.

11. I like everything about your sedan!!! Really nice!

"How much does the drivetrain weigh"?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  12. COS

COS
    from KCMO

PLUS 1!! Man I have had that Idea for a while now!! Cool to see someone take off and do it!! This year at Greaserama we had a cool little rod that was running some sort of air cooled diesel motor that was very intresting!!

Car looks good keep us posted!!

13. Crusty Nut

Crusty Nut

It sounds pretty much just like a Dodge diesel. I'm hoping to tone it down a little with a muffler.

14. Hoptup Jalop

Hoptup Jalop

looking sweet!!!

15. lucky_1974

lucky_1974

I would not do a diesel, but it is very nicely detailed and looks good. You should be very pleased with yourself! What are the details on the dash knobs?

16. DRUGASM

DRUGASM

you make your own bio? if so thats pretty smart....cruisin all over for pennies. what are the plans though if you go on long road trips? take fuel or map out spots with that style fuel?

and sweet...i bet youll have some people scratchin their heads when you pop the hood side.

17. wreckfixer

wreckfixer

that's cool! If anyone knows about that diesel powered rod at greaserama please chime in . he was leaving just as i got ready to check it out.

18. Crusty Nut

Crusty Nut

I used to make my own, but I live in hippie country and good oil was getting too hard to find. These cummins will drink just about anything so stuff even like filtered aft would be fine. On a long trip, no problem, regular #2 diesel works fine too. I should be getting around 30-35 mpg.

19. MedicCustoms

MedicCustoms

This is cool I want to do a 5.9 cummins in one of my truckI think it would be too cool ,your car looks grate

20. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

I think it's *really* cool what you're doing, running with an engine that eats biofuel. I think a number of us on here have had that run through our heads, but I bet you're the first one to do it and make it cool. I'm not into the "save da earf" reasoning for doing such a thing, but I *am* into the "save mah cash" side of it. I can only imagine the look on people's faces when you roll up to the local Cracker Barrel or grease joint in that ride asking "Hey, can I have yer grease?"

PS....you stole my color.

21. That is just a great looking ride...and Bio-fuel is too kool to boot.
    Nice car, great color..
    ENJOY,

22. nvr2lo

nvr2lo

It looks amazing!!! I love the diesel motor ,and great car. Very impressed!!!!:D

23. big creep

big creep

thats the coolest thing ever! diesel! what a great idea! ive seen this done on a truck, and the guy got great mpg and no loss of power. he ran it rich and a lot of boost from the turbo! nice work!

24. I think that engine is cool in that car. It has an older more mechanical feel to it. Plus, you can drive the snot out of it and get better MPGs! Pluses man, pluses.

25. prost34

prost34

i had a customer of mine that ran used cooking oil in his dodge cummins,he kept a huge tank in the rear and went to all the local diners,he and the truck allways smelled like french fries!!!,,dare to be differant,love it!!!

26. g-lover51

g-lover51
    from Dallas Ga

Great looking car, I dig the diesel as well. Really a cool car!

27. ZRODZ

ZRODZ

I like the diesel, I like the car. Very cool. Tail lights are a nice touch, now all you need is a "gas cap" from Crafty to match.

28. Sando

Sando
    from Burbank CA

...that color is great

29. poboyross

poboyross
    from West TN

My 2nd comment on this thing......I just keep on coming back to look at it.

30. Absolutely piss ah !

I love different.