Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Magnets thoughts on Pileup

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magnet, Oct 12, 2008.

1. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Holy Crap! I just found out Jimbob DOESN'T EAT BACON! I mean, WTF? It's BACON. I'm not sure if that explains a lot, or just adds more questions about him....:D

2. Appleseed

Appleseed

OOOh ! The natural port-o-potties are back!

3. Cool! And I will have earned my first week of vacation about that time!

4. Johnny Sparkle

Johnny Sparkle

I thought it was pretty funny, really. I knew who did it right away, and with that group, the alternative would have been much worse and usually requires counselling.

Yeah, that was me too. It was a joke on my "racially handicapped" buddy that helped me out on the bodywork, and I liked it enough to leave it.

5. magnet

magnet

Jokes like the wheel thing are touchy... one of the basic rules is that you dont fuck with a guys car.. or bike... pretty much everything else is fair game..

But the exception is.. when you are really tight with a dude.. his car is pretty new or just recently on the road.. and you are out drinking late and have to be up early the next day... and there will be a ton of people seeing it ..taking pics and posting them online.. before him

:)

Of course you have to do it in good taste... true to traditional hot rod and custom form.. by using a '32 wire as the temporary replacement :)

I wake up in the morning before pileup crabby.. mostly nerves.. but the hour or so of sleep and the cigars and beer the night before and no breakfast tend to put me on edge.. when i saw that it put a big smile on my face :)

6. yngrodder

yngrodder

At Least we put it on blocks and his real tire in his seat so he wouldn't just drive off. Thats what he gets for not staying with all of the central Illinois gang

[​IMG]

Or how about Plowboy on the real toilet

[​IMG]

7. magnet

magnet

1,133 Cars

12,426 Spectators

164 Volunteers

7 Czars

1 DW

:)

8. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i knew i had fun, but not with so many people! :)

9. Now you know why I haven't been shooting fire lately, it's not Great Whites fault!

10. arca39

arca39
    from summit il

my first pile-up but not my last, it was great.

11. 2008 Pileup,......Priceless!

12. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Sorry so late, Work, school, Mama Rash's crazy Halloween Party..... Glad that one's over with til next year...

The Pileup has a "vibe" that I really enjoy. It's laid back, way back, and there isn't a bunch of posing and psturing like other shows this size. It just is what it is and I think that's because the Czars never tried to push it to something it isn't. Very hard to do but they make it look natural.

Of coarse DW and the volunteers rock.

I always dig chatting it up with Magnet afterwards. Not that I don't enjoy talking with the rest of the Czars as well but "Fancy pants" always has a kid at Christmas grin on his face that makes the haul worthwhile.

This was my fourth Pileup in a row and I'm sorry I missed the first ones. This was my first one without my good buddy Tyler "FLT-BLK" and it just wasn't the same. Luckily, I had the fortune of introducing Pops and Bulletproof to the Hunnert this year and they dug it. It was a purely enjoyable weekend start to finish.

The Red Cent made a huge difference. I kept thinking to myself that there weren't as many people there but I agree with others who have said there were more, we just weren't packed so tight.

I'll definitely be there next year.