Register now to get rid of these ads!

Magnets Pileup post..

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magnet, Oct 7, 2006.

1. magnet

magnet

Ok
    So i havent been on the HAMB much the last year.. Jockey Journal either.. been busy.. not with cars and bikes though.. which sucks. The man is keeping me down.

I want to wish everyone a good trip to the pileup and a safe return. Its going to happen in a week from today... hope everyones ready.

I know all the Czars and DW have been pulling their hair out and busting ass for the last 6 months or so to make this thing happen. It seems like a mountain looming over you.. but after you roll up your sleeves and get to work, it aint so bad. The cool thing is that we have done this before and we communicate pretty well so it aint half as bad as it could be. :)
    We seem to have everything nailed up, which is good.

A couple things to remember when you are in for the show.

Morris is a small town, people are not used to a bunch of greasy tattooed freaks zooming arounds in hot rods. Stay civil, keep your foot out of the throttle, dont give anyone a hard time, dont talk shit to the cops, stay out of the judges parking spot (right across from the bar) i dont care if its empty.. dont park there.
    Just be an adult and use common sense.
    Sometimes townies can be dumbasses.. like that punk in the truck last year... but, thats just them.. it aint us.
    If you have any problems or questions, ask the event staff or a czar, we should be able to find someone that can give you a hand. If you need parts.. figure out what you need early in the day, parts stores close by 12 on saturday.
    The bar will be crowded, you can not bring your drinks outside, we cant change the law for the night, so no open alcohol on the street or sidewalk in front of the bar. The American Eagles Lodge is just a couple doors down.. the beer is cheap.. there is tons of breathing space.. if you need a break from the crowd pop in there for a cold one.
    If you are too drunk to drive, dont be afraid or too stubborn to ask one of us for a ride back to the hotel, we will gladly give it to you.
    Dont get out of line at the hotels, the fuzz knows everyone is coming and will probably have a watchfull eye out.. they remember some people from previous years and were asking about them.
    The fairground has some rules, no glass containers, no pets, no fires, no riding or driving around. Get your car or bike in and park it for the day.
    The fairgrounds staff and board love the show, they are all old racers and hot rodders and think its great that "those young kids are doing the same thing we used to" :)

Wagon 57, keep your clothes on.

kustombuilder, keep your hands off Queen Eileen.

TriumphTerror, keep your hands outa my pants.

:)

The big thing to remember about the pileup is that its your show. This is no corporate bullshit event... its a bunch of car guys getting together to hang out with a bunch of cars. No tropies, no attidues, no trailer queens and gold chainers. We provide the spot for a show and handle some of the details... but its all your people that make it the pileup. The volunteers, the guys who come from out of state, the people that show up even when their cars are back home broken. The cool vibe and the laid back attitude can not be planned, trucked in, or bought.

It happens naturally.

See ya'll in a week

2. Levis Classic

Levis Classic

well said...see ya in the swap area!

3. JonnieW

JonnieW
    from chicago

well put...I CANT WAIT!!!

4. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I *heart* Captain Fancypants.

Don't forget, if you are coming in on Friday, we have the pre party at Fool's Bar with the Hot Rod Hucksters and the Psychobilly Kadillacs. Always a killer time and a damn good way to kick off the weekend.

5. magnet

magnet

I hear Ol' Cap'n will be making a celebrity appearance. :)

6. Zettle Bros.

Zettle Bros.

Well said Magnet. Hope you guys have a good show.

7. hatch

hatch
    from house

What time do things start happenin at the bar???...I usually don't start drinkin till after breakfast.

8. Django

Django
    from Chicago

9:00 for the bar.

It's gotta be noon somewhere, right?

9. hatch

hatch
    from house

9 A.M. ????....sounds great....that will give me some time for breakfast before consuming mass quantities:)

10. monzadood

monzadood
    BANNED

i just heard that name this weekend???

11. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

AWWWW COME ON!!!! :D DAMN IT! i thought she dumped you anyways. :p

i drive 4 hours from home to hang out with you, i even "volunteer" (DW woulda hurt me if i had'nt) to work at the show and this is how i get treated??? no respect i tell ya... ;)

12. kustombuilder

kustombuilder
    from Novi, MI

oh yeah. think my buddy's Caddy is worthy????

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. TRIUMPH TERROR

TRIUMPH TERROR

Damn man I guess there is no need for the the bitch pad on my scoot then if your gonna go and act like that.:D

See you in a few days there Mr fancy pants.

Shoe
    XOXOXO

14. Thanks Magnet - well said

Hatch - 9 PM...

15. Hellfish

Hellfish

What year is that Caddy? 65? It's too new.

Thanks Lt. Ornate Pantaloons! Keep in mind that we plan everything, but the show wouldn't happen without all teh volunteers, so thanks to you guys and the Blacktop Barons, Suedes, Voodoo Kings and everyone else.

16. Hellfish

Hellfish

i count at least 8 current Pileup posts! I think that's a record!

17. magnet

magnet

Yeah, guys... i drove to work this morning.. and it was snowing.

Dont worry.. the sun will be out on saturday.. it might be a little chilly.. bring your coat.

18. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I just watched the Pileup episode of Truck Stop from last year. Good times!!

19. you got pm mike!!:)

man the weather i thought was perfect!!! i was way to hungover for heat..the cool air felt great!!!!i dont give a darn what kinda snow sleet, whatever is happnin, i will NEVER miss another pileup!!! thanks to the CZARS and DW for a great great show...and DW, when i hunged ya goodnight at the hotel sat..i had to holdya up for a sec!!!:eek: ;) glad im not the only one that was week kneed that night`!!:D

20. Breeder - thanks for the "support"

y'all don't know me that well yet but the Czars will attest that it was nothing short of a miracle that I didn't fall at some point over the weekend. I fall. a lot. It's what I do...

21. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

You just have that affect on the ladies... :)

22. mike, if you mean they get dizzy , turn green, and start to hork, then yes, i do have that affect!!
    lucky for me im extremely rich and hung like a pringles can!!!:eek:

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

:eek: :eek: I almost choked on my lunch!:D :D :D

24. Like a Pringles can huh? Do you mean it's artificial, greasy, smells faintly of bad potatoes, and trailer trash meth-mouthed broads can't get enough of it?:D :rolleyes:

25. Appleseed

Appleseed

Dude! Thats just vicious!

26. All in good fun my friend. All in good fun....

27. i just got home from burying a ole friend of mine,, and i got home just in time to have mike make me shart!!!!:D :D danm yer a funny bastard!!!you made my night bro!!!!:) i only wish you could live closer so i could catch you in your dress fetish mode and snap a shot!!!:p thanks for the pick me up !!! u funny fart!!!!;)

28. you werent eating chips in a tube were you????:p