Register now to get rid of these ads!

Magnets 10 things (HCPU)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magnet, Oct 14, 2007.

1. Hellfish

Hellfish

He invented Pringles. Kinda looks like the guy on the can. Now he hosts a show called My Classic Car. I haven't seen it in years because I don't get whatever cable channel it's on. I walked up to him while waiting for food at the Italian place next to Fool's. I asked if he was Dennis, and he sighed that "oh-no-not-another-stupid-fan" sigh. I introduced myself as one of the Czars and thanked him for coming out. He perked right up and started talking. Then I left him alone. I don't like glorifying celebrities.

Yeah, Rick Nielson. Those guys still live in their home town of Rockford, IL. Czar Kansas was all excited to meet him and then Rick insisted on buying a Czar shirt. Kansas had to turn down a rockstar! and the rock star clearly wasn't used to being told NO. :D It was cool he came and stuck around though. Next year maybe Eddie Van Halen will show up and we can watch Django follow him around on his knees all day. :D

2. Django

Django
    from Chicago

Actually I'm going to see Van Halen TONIGHT! :D

3. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

my friend Brett is front row and back stage.

I already told him I hate him... :cool:

4. Me either. At Fool's on Friday night I was mid story and someone interrupted me to introduce me to Dennis Gage. I said, "yeah hold on a minute" and continued with my story. (actually totally not on purpose but I am chatty as you guys know)

The thing that pissed me off was when I went over, the person said, "Do you know Dennis Gage?" and I said, no I hadn't met him before and the person started going on and on about WHO he was. I was kinda bitchy and said, yeah I know WHO he is I have a TV I just hadn't met him before. :mad: I just went about biz for the next day and then went on with my night of drinking.

I think the other person just thought I was being a "stupid girl"

5. Hellfish

Hellfish

You're not a stupid girl... but you are a dumb whore

6. Gasser57

Gasser57

Great show guys, better every year. Sucked not bringing the 57 but fun carving tiki's for the crowd. My trailer full of tiki's broke in half on the way down.The guy at the Lincoln Welder booth let me use his welder. One of the parts vendors was a pro welder and offered to do the job. The guy was talented as hell, and wouldn't take a dime for his help. You have some true hot rodders at this show. I already have my room for next year.

7. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Uh-Oh :D :D

Attached Files:

8. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

wow. :eek:

(wait, that needs more OOMPH!)

wow! :eek:

9. Appleseed

Appleseed

Magnet, I had a fun time BS ing with your dad again this year. The things he can whittle out of pencils (PENCILS!) is the coolest.

10. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! thats fuckin funny gary!:D :D :D

now

11. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

OMG!!!!!!!!!!! thats fuckin funny gary!!!!!:D :D :D :D

now send back the ring dammit:mad:

12. ...speakin of the "Hucksters", ...your new CD just plain rocks; I'm gonna wear it out fast. The "Tin Butchers" still want you to come back next June to play at our 2nd annual "Scrap Drive".
    You guys have more fans than you know...thanks for puttin out the new CD.

13. breederswife

breederswife

Thanks for sending the ring back Gary;) ! Just kidding! Although to let you all know, I did find my ring today in the dryer after doing up the laundry from this weekends trip. Thanks for the efforts in trying to help us to find it. It must have slipped off of my finger when I reached into a pocket and we just missed it. Had a great time at the Pileup this year and loved getting to visit with everyone. Czars and DW did a great job again this year and what a great turn out for you all. Congrats! Hope to see you all again soon! :) :) :cool:

14. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Nice cover Shana............ oh yea glad ya found it !!!!! Gary

15. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

What hot-rod roadster hasn't been telling everyone, is that he's a fickle sort of a guy. I know for a fact he was seen taking another lady out on a late night ride in his roadster, and they were gone for a LONG time.

You can run, but you can't hide you sweet talker you.

HellRaiser

And no I'm not home yet, still in Ill.

16. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

I was just rescuing her from the clutches of the evil Hellraiser.
    Hey drive safe, try and keep it under 150mph. Send me those pic's when you get back. Gary

17. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

We were only doing the speed limit, 65.......

HellRaiser

18. Stick Shift

Stick Shift
    from LENA IL

Well a picture can tell a story. Now who spanked who? LOL:eek: :eek: ;)

19. gearjam1

gearjam1

-At least he offered to buy one, and didn't try to use his "star-power" to get a freebie. I met him years ago when he was running in the Rockford Marathon. Seems like a really down-to-earth guy. Who was the guy walking around with him, in the Purple Velvet sport coat? (No, it wasn't Prince...).

I volunteered at the t-shirt booth, and what struck me-was how damn honest everyone was. With the tons of shirts that we sold, I did not have one person walk off with a shirt while my back was turned, try to snag a shirt, or screw me on the money they gave me. Talking with some of the guys after the show, who were vendors in the swap area, they said the same thing. With a crowd of this size, there are generally a couple of people off the street, that come in, just trying to scam...We didn't see a one...Now, that is cool. It only takes a few screwballs to ruin it for everyone else...

The meet and greet was awesome! I hate to admit that I really, really enjoyed the dainty snacks. My wife wouldn't stop razzing me, about me raving about the eats! Unfortunately, I didn't take my hands out of my pockets much, and introduce myself...next year I'll leave my shyness at home.

The thermometer was really, really cool!!! I hung mine up in our bar area this morning. Totally unexpected to receive a "Thank-You" gift... Thank-YOU! :D

20. Hellfish

Hellfish

well, thanks for helping!

The Pileup crowd is pretty unique. Heck, the first 4 years we hardly had to clean up the next day because everyone clened up their own stuff. Not so much this year, but I suspect that had a lot to do with the spectators

21. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

joe, ya have a final count yet????
    hey i helped pick up! see that car with all the beer cans in the trunk??those were all mine!:D

22. Hellfish

Hellfish

Thanks for getting rid of all the excess beer, Tood.

I talked with Mike last night and he said that the count looked like it was more like 800, but he was still verifying and cross-checking. Even with the more spacious parking we did this year, we still filled 2 areas we didn't use last year, so it seems low to me. I think something is off in our tracking system. I'd believe 1000, but I'm waiting to see. No matter what, I think it's going to be much lower than we all guessed.

Looks like 7000 non-car show spectators, too. I wouldd've thought more, but it was easier to walk around this year. The insanely long line was largely due to everyone coming all at once... just like this movie I saw once...

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

My knight in shiny armor......or should I say.....hunk in a shiny roadster.:D

24. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Yea, you gotta watch those hot-rod guys from the midwest. Just glad I could help out. Have a good time in Texas this weekend. I'm sure your excited to see big Olds. If you see
    Jeff tell him howdy for me. See Ya, Gary

25. Appleseed

Appleseed

I got a thank you for one of the guys at Fool's as I helped pick up a few bottles . I thought thank me? No thank you guys for putting up with us year after year.

26. HellRaiser

HellRaiser
    from Podunk, NE

Curses. foiled again:mad:

HellRaiser

27. GREASERGUY01

GREASERGUY01
    from ZoMpToN

as for magnets 10 things he posted.... first off if your going to have a hot rod show......your going to have burnouts my friend....if you wanna go to a show where there are no burnouts, by a fat fendered car with pastel colored paints and join the natl street rod association and do that! cause there are no burnouts there!

its good to see that we made the shit list of the pile up again...just like last year. where we go, we always leave a mark man...its all about having fun...as for the bike burnout, o wait that wasnt a big deal, but we were apart of that too..... but i thought for sure that we would of been number one!

thanks for shooting down a 17 year olds attempt at his first rod when the pole
    smoker at the gate wouldnt let him and his dad in with his 56 belair with no hood dual quads cragars and oh he fucked up and put ta radials on the car.

as for my firend being turned away as well....a TOO STOCK looking truck.....WTF is that....But you let in a 32 ford pu, no fenders, with a dropped axle with disc brakes!!!!! isnt that one of your non requierments for a big NO-NO????? just wondering????

well we will see you there next year for sure!

28. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

29. WildWilly68

WildWilly68

Great show as always, thanks to all who volunteered. As far as some of the complaints about "why this got in..and why this didn't" it is hard for several people to be exactly the same on their judging. Were there a couple cars there that maybe shouldn't be? Possibly. Were there some that didn't get in that should. Probably so. But with the number of cars that show up, I think they did a kick ass job of filtering out most of the fluff. But it would have been nice to have the Ardun powered flathead 32 roadster inside ;)

30. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

bill , great to see ya again!
    and also, alot of the cars on the outside just choose not to come in...so its hard to say what cars didnt make it in and which just didnt want in....i agree with bill....its wall to wall...theres bound to be a missed one or 2....i could give a shit....i had a blast!