Register now to get rid of these ads!

Magnets 10 things (HCPU)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by magnet, Oct 14, 2007.

1. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

must be a jewel thief on the loose in morris!
    losing that stuff really does suck!
    specially a wedding ring...now Gary's going to think Shana's single...hell, it might be on his night stand at the holiday inn! hotrod roadster, you bastard!:mad: :p :D

2. Well I talked to my Mom last night.

Let's just say I did NOT get my love of cars from my Dad. He's not into it at all. But she said that Dad and my uncle are thinking about coming out next year. Think they are finally impressed enough. Might have been the Dennis Gage thing but also the sheer numbers.

So I am psyched that they might be coming out. But also a little concerned... think my pileup experience might be a little different...

No bodyshots out of my boobs at Fool's... or semi flashing the Kropdusters from my hotel room. Or pics of Jimmy's nuts on my camera. or... the list goes on.

3. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

No bodyshots out of my boobs at Fool's... or semi flashing the Kropdusters from my hotel room.

well. thats just wrong of ya!:(

4. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

Screw free PBR... I want free Pringles!!!! :)

I wanted to talk to Dennis, but he was very into his work. I was impressed.

Wait.

Did somebody say boobs? I'm confused... :(

5. Django

Django
    from Chicago

I didn't get to spend enough time with my Dad, but when we did hang out, it rocked.

6. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

Did somebody say boobs? I'm confused... :([/quote]

ohh, those are the mushy thingys on the front of girls with the pink ends on them! hope that helps!:)

7. hot-rod roadster

hot-rod roadster
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Omaha Ne.

Damn, we were doin so good at keepin that a secret..... shit, sorry bout the ring. By the way, the 60 had a CD player and a good battery. You cheap som-bitch. Gary

8. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

no thats POOR som-bitch.....or i would have a full scale 60 here instead of the one ya gave shana!:eek:

9. Hellfish

Hellfish

I thought I lost the bar money for the bands for about 2 hours on Saturday. I confided in my wife... and after chewing me out for being so stupid, she poked me in the chest and said "are you sure you didn't put it in THIS pocket?!" Yeah... it was in my OTHER shirt pocket! I felt really stupid... but a very relieved stupid! :D

Holiday Inn
    Hotel Front Desk: 1-815-942-6600

10. Django

Django
    from Chicago

11. Hellfish

Hellfish

Some quotes from emails I got on sunday from some guys unclear on the concept of "traditional" and one guy that thinks we should stay at the fairgrounds all night just waiting for him and not enjoying our show. :)

12. 38pickup

38pickup

Can't please everyone.... I guess. :confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

13. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

thanks for the number man!she's leavin a note for the manager!
    and those guys bitchin kills me...you wouldnt let the 04 trailblazer in cause it was stock, i never complained once! some paople huh>:rolleyes: :D :p

14. Prob on a chain around CrazyDs neck................:eek: :D :p

15. CURIOUS RASH

CURIOUS RASH
    Classified's Moderator

Whiners, there will always be whiners....

If people would quit spending so much time in front of the TV they might get back to the real car world.

I was nearly too embarassed to admit I had no idea who Dennis Gage was. Still don't really.

Nor do I care.

The whole "rat rod" thing is tired already. If you have to put the word "rat" or stuffed rats, painted rats, any kind of rats on your car you are trying way too hard and missing the point. You're also getting laughed at behind your backs. Not by me mind ya, I'm a nice guy. :D

But if you hang with the mess because you're into "rat rods".... well you're just riding the next fad to croak out.

16. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

ohh, you said neck! ....nevermind:)

17. This year pileup was huge! Im amazed at how many more cars there were compared to last year. The show seems in danger of out growing the fairgrounds. I had a absolute blast, even though I had to split early for my cousins stupid wedding. Anyhow, thanks for putting on one hell of a show.
    I do have one request, try not to have the show on the same weakend as the california hot rod reunion. I want to go to both next year.

18. Hey Hellfish, I just can't believe there were guys hassling you because you were'nt waiting up for them at 7.30 pm.What the hell is wrong with those idiots? I wonder who helped them get dressed in the morning.If they knew what they were doing they should have gone over to fools. That was a great party over there.I just want to say that you guys did everything right. That was the best show of the year for me.Great cars and even better people!The swap meet was great this year and looks to grow even bigger next year. The flame throwers were great too. I never saw so many people with kids just having a great time.Thanks so much for working so hard on putting on a hell of a show. My only regret was not volunteering to help. Will definitely do that next year. Could'nt believe the amount of garbage people left on the grounds.

19. Ebert

Ebert

I guess there were other tools at the show besides at the swap meet...

Ebert

20. Sorry I didnt take time to say hi,by the time I walked over you were gone. we drooled on that Flatty for a while Sat in front of the bar. Nasty sounding.

I only had a couple of parking whiners while we filled the middle lot. I had a couple folks thank me for "giving" them a great spot to park.........sorry I said, you were next through the gate and I needed to fill that spot:) . One guy either had a bribe or a tip ready for me and put it away when I said sure you can park over there.

This being my first year helping I can say it wont be my last. I hope the folks coming thru the gate realize us parking fools arent trying to be dicks, just trying to get the 1000 plus cars in and parked in some orderly fashion.

The one person I "may" have favored was Butch with the vintage Big Car (dont call it a sprinter):eek: . We were parking cars back in the corner to the left of the gate and it was to the point where his rig would have been a bitch to get in and out, we flagged him in alongside the road and building. If you didnt take the time to talk to him about the car you missed out. He runs it at Vintage races around the region 80-90 mph with no belts or cages. I got to slide intoo the cockpit and pose for a pic like a lil kid. Hilight of my weekend.

21. bustedlifter

bustedlifter

It's all been said before but I don't care, Outstanding show! This is the fourth pileup in a row we attended and it gets better every year.Next year I think we'll come up on Friday and stay the whole weekend. I'd be interested in volunteering some time to help out,where do I sign up?

"Gas" stop in Collum,IL. on the way home...

Attached Files:

22. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

:eek: two-timin' me already??!!??:eek:

23. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

So......there were enough flatheads there for ya????:eek: :p ;) :D

xoxox

24. magnet

magnet

One of the volunteers working the front gate left a key in their apron.. PM me, i will mail it to ya.. hope its not the key to the front door.. :)

The MissFires came over to my crib on sunday before the show and rolled a couple thousand shirts and labeled the boxes and got everything organized... great girls..

When Dennis was talking with me i made sure to explain that the pilup was a traditional hot rod and custom show .. rat rod chaps my ass too.. although talking with Bob K.. i think.. its all a blurr.. we both agree that the rat rod thing is on the way out and people are getting serious about safety, fabrication quality and paint.

Which in my book is a great thing.

Ok, i have to get into the garage and work on my rat rod.. i am gluing some rubber rats to the sides of the cowl.. right by the hole i cut and made to look rusty.. i hope the glue doesnt jack up the 10 layers of different colored paint i sprayed on and sanded to give it a patina look...

25. Blacktop Graffiti

Blacktop Graffiti

My son's face says it all. It was fucking awesome!!!!!!!!!

Which Cheap Trick member? Tall and goofy looking? That was Rick Nielson, if not who????????????????? God I love Cheap Trick.

Attached Files:

26. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Third Pileup in a row for me and I regret not getting to the first two. I can't believe how they have gotten better every year. THANK YOU everyone who had a part in getting everything together.
    I got to meet a bunch of people who until now only had a name on a computer screen. It's amazing the diversity of the members on the HAMB. If it wasn't for this place there would be no reason for over half of the people I met to even know each other let alone have a common interest that would bring you halfway across the country to hang out for ONE day.
    Again thanks Chrome Czars and everyone else , you're going to do it again next weekend aren't you?:eek: :cool: NO, ...........Well it is ONLY 51 WEEKS 5 DAYS UNTIL THE NEXT ONE;)

Frank

27. Frank........(thanks to Larry and Denise)........thanks for getting to finally meet you in person! The short time we spent talking downtown was golden! There were far to many people and cars that I needed to see and did not get a chance to. Oh well, next year.

28. 63necker

63necker

This was one of the best show I been to ever, period. You guys did an awesome job. Man there were a lot of people at the show and a lot of very cool cars. It still had that small show feel. We flew in from CA because we had heard so many good things about this show. Good to meet some of the Czars are the pizza joint Friday night, what a nice bunch of friendly folk. We will definitely be back net year with a bigger crew. Hell we might even drive!

29. Oh yeah, there were more than enough flatheads for me:) But more importantly there so many more cool people I met. It was a great time hanging with you, Gary and Rob and reminiscing about the past if you what I mean.Ha ha! And it was also great meeting all the other hambers at the meet and greet and tasting all those pastries.To everyone who bought in the treats, you just outdid yourselves.Can't wait till next year.

30. rocknutts

rocknutts

Magnet, I agree with you about the Rat Rod thing. I'm more of a traditional type and really enjoy the varied interpretations of an Old School Hot rod. (I know, the term old school is over used as well) But I was a veteran of many NSRA meets, and always gravitated to a well done vintage Hot Rod.

My first pile-up was an eye opener! The combination of the culture, music and a fantastic variety of cars was an absolute joy to see, and share with my sweetie who's never been to a car show before!

Thanks, looking forward to next year!:D