Register now to get rid of these ads!

MAGNESIUM Ford American Racing TTO

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by CENTURION, Jul 15, 2009.

1. CENTURION

CENTURION
    from SEATTLE

Hello:

I recently took delivery of a pair of 15x6 Magnesium American Racing Torque Thrust wheels in the small FORD five lug by 4.5 inch bolt pattern. Attacted are two pics of these wheels. Notice the cutout segments around the center cap snout. Both wheels have these cutouts five each per wheel for fitment of lug wrench.

Are these cutouts factory American Racing for the FORD small bolt pattern Torque Thrust wheels?

Please comment.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 15, 2009
  2. Hard to clear the lug washers without the notches. Every pair of magnesium americans i own has them. Factory? highly likely.

3. CENTURION

CENTURION
    from SEATTLE

14:

Good Lord!

These cutouts are indicative of the small FORD bolt pattern only or did the other larger bolt patterns such as Chevy 4.75 inch have these cutouts?

These are my first TTO Magnesiums I have owned.

4. sixpac

sixpac
    from Courtenay

I have a pair of 15x8 5on5 and there is no cutouts like that on them. They are magnesium.

5. I haven't owned any other americans besides 4.5" bolt pattern wheels. But i don't recall seeing them on 4.75" bolt pattern wheels, and they aren't needed to clear the washer. As such, i think they are a distinctive mark of the ford/mopar wheels.

6. They were only on the Ford 5 on 4.5 bolt pattern to the best of my knowledge. It was so much a "Cut out" as it was breaking through the casting when the machining was done for the lug seat and wrench clearance. They corrected the thickness on later models so that it did not break through.