Register now to get rid of these ads!

magnesium american racing torque thrust wheel school, i need help

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 32-3 WINDOW, Apr 9, 2013.

1. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

well i need some of you old magnesium wheel experts help , i have a pair of magnesium spindle wheels with o/t (i think) volvo or v.w. rotors and this is it no calipers the old rodder that built these is , with spirit in the sky passed on , and the calipers were since long gone probably with some of his other fine items , anyway if you can help, please p.m or let me know , and also out of all the others ive collected thru the years what style are these as my other spindle mts have the 5 ear center cap mounting pad and my boly on also , these arent as pointed as the funny car 5 spokes as i have some of them also , these rotors are 11.5 diameter and as close as i can msure the caliper is 2.25 center bolt , could be metric , thanks for any info kevin

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  2. alchemy

alchemy

Sorry can't help ya, but those are GORGEOUS wheels! Best I could guess is they're made for Airheart calipers.

3. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

i know his freind stated he was a machinest from haddies , and they all talked like they were volvo ot vw type 3 , i guess maybe ill try checking a airheart book thanks

4. brandon

brandon

shame they drilled em....:D first styles aren't as common as the later versions. take a look back about the mid 70's and see what was being used .....or look into some small wildwood or such. might find something close. I have some small strange that are tiny but only use one piston. former wheel guy:mad:;):D

5. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

i understand the drilling issue , but i guess back in the 70-80s they wanted to get some brakes on them and they actually look like lug nuts they way he mounted and machined the counter bors on the rotor , ive been checking a few of the post and the volvos are looking like they were a hot conversion back then , just trying to find some info and sizes so i can find out what to hunt for at the parts counter , and then i had never seen this style spindle wheel without the mount boss for center caps

6. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

Whats the bolt spacing on the caliper bracket? I know some of the single piston calipers Airheart made had a small spacing

7. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

as close as i can tell 2.25 un;ess metric , bolts look like 7/16 fine that mount it , rotors 11.5 dia thanks kevin

8. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

[​IMG]
    Heres a 68-74 Volvo 144 looks like the bolt holes are to far apart

9. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

i guess i check with airheart , if i can get them on line , see if a tech guy might know , and maybe the euro auto house counter guy , thanks for your help

10. Alchemy,
    Ypu and I are on the same page with this one. Airheart calipers would be my guess as well.

11. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

[​IMG]

Bing search came up with this image under Hurst caliper. Looks like these could work with them brackets.

12. 32-3 WINDOW

32-3 WINDOW
    from utah

yes it does , donat29 thanks for the info

13. brandon

brandon

check the airheart spots...my strange are in the 2.25 bolt spacing

14. brandon

brandon

15. Single piston VW Rabbit disc calipers may work, if there´s no room for piston between the dics and the wheel. Otherwise Wilwood SC1/2/3 single piston calipers may work and look the part too.