Register now to get rid of these ads!

Made something similar to E&J headlights

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 1929Essex, Feb 16, 2013.

1. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Tough room. I'm not a fan of that style light, but as many have said your lights look just fine. Being unskilled myself, I'd probably go for 36 Ford units with their aero lenses instead. Irony of irony, it would seem E&Js would be idea for some of those new-fangled high intensity lamps the tuner guys use, but that's another can of worms. Gary

2. chiro

chiro

NOT a big fan of E&J's. In fact, I hate them because they are fugly as hell, but mostly because they are the exact opposite of what traditional rodding is about. I think that the traditional rods are about ingenuity, making do with what you can afford and skill because the traditional rodders didn't have a crapload of money. what they had was IDEAS and SKILLS and the willingness to do something different.

I love his lights and like ANYTHING that you build, it gets better with each revision. Keep at it.

And yes...this forum is a very tough crowd.

Andy

zzford likes this.
  3. NashRodMan

NashRodMan

Wow, kid you rock. You didnt let the bad comments get you down. You took the info and got out there and made an even better set. Good for you. You've got somegood skills. Keep it up!!

Paul

4. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

That second set really came out great. You will have people at shows scratching their heads and asking what car those came off of. You could have a lot of fun listening to some of the guesses. :D

Don

5. Shaun1162

Shaun1162

Second set looks even better! Now when do we get to see the car they're going on??

6. ago

ago
    from pgh. pa.

Hey good for you ,
    some people on here can only work with there (Mouth) and can't fabricate.

Ago

7. jumbogem29

jumbogem29
    from Alabama

Hey nice job there if you would like to see a few of a maxbullet look up Crafty B here on the hamb a Alliance Member or go to his web site
    www.Crafty-b.com man does he have some nice stuff was looking at a set of his lights as well.

8. These are the kind of threads I love! Somebody actually coming up with an idea and making something! That's cool as hell. Keep at it and keep sharing. You're doing great.

9. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

10. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

The o.p. hasnt been on the hamb since 2015. probably will not find out what the final light looked like

11. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

I took a six year hiatus, after my divorce... Perhaps he got busy too.

Sent from my XT1585 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

12. rusty rocket

rusty rocket

Yes I hope so. Im not a fan of E&Js but I dig the guys thought process on building a set of lites.

classiccarjack and zzford like this.
  13. classiccarjack

classiccarjack

Me two!

Sent from my XT1585 using The H.A.M.B. mobile app