I finally got around to stepping my pickup frame. For months I had gone back and forth between doing a Tardel step, with spring on top or extending the frame and using a spring behind setup to get the back end a little lower. I decide to extend and step the frame. This will be going under a 1930 unchanneled pickup body. Using my CAD program I drew a 2 ½ step and 7 ½ frame extension to use the spring behind brackets I got from RJays. Figured I needed an 18 degree cut at each end to get the 2 1/2 “step plus the frame extension. That old adage measure twice and cut once must have been lost on me today….finished cutting and chamfering the edges in preparation for tacking and welding. I tacked the cut pieces to the frame and took a measurement from each face…..shit…. 7 ¼”. I was pretty bummed by that point , but I guess in my excitement to get things done I neglected to account for the kerf from cutting and not double checking my face to face measurement. But here’s where things turned around…the brackets I got from Rjays are for a 3” OD axle tube. My 8” Ford turned out to be 2 ¾”. So.. I laid the bracket against the housing and measured from the centerline of the perch to the centerline of the housing…7 ¼” . Got back the ¼” mistake I made. The Hot Rod gods were with me today!! Tomorrow I work on pie cutting the frame and pulling the rails back in to match the frame rail taper.