Register now to get rid of these ads!

Folks Of Interest Mad Mikey Accident

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by mad mikey, Mar 20, 2021.

1. TBI, Traumatic Brain Injury, is what you have and they are nothing to mess around with. I got one in 2009 Afghanistan, IED and still have issues. Several eye surgeries so I still have my eye but it doesn't focus so need glasses and recurring headaches on the right side. Do not go to sleep but rest and go easy and have someone check on you.

2. dartracer

dartracer

If you have a concussion, you need to take it easy for a couple of days. The car can be fixed,

3. Sky Six

Sky Six
    from Arizona

You have a concussion. Rest up, take care of yourself, have a neighbor or friend check on you in person or by phone or message. When you are ready, willing, and healthy enough then go check on the car, it will still be there.
    After the dust settles and you are healthy and recovered, check and see what you need to repair the car and let us all know. I am sure that fellow members will be ready to help. Accidents happen.

4. pirate

pirate
    from Alabama

As someone who had a severe concussion go to the ER and get checked out. My wife and sister in law wanted to call 911 I talked them down to a driving me to ER. I had serious effects that lasted a month including another visit to ER which they thought I might have bleeding on the brain. Took almost a year to recover but still have symptoms occasionally. GO GET CHECKED OUT. Concussions are nothing to mess with!

5. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Thoughts your way Mikey...:oops:...glad your still with us...speedy recovery on so many levels...

6. Jalopy Joker

Jalopy Joker

Everyone here is behind you with healing from your injuries. your insurance agent can help you figure out getting some of the repairs to your ride & shop. Have any buddies, or family near by ask for their help. your health is # 1

Sent from my SM-G930V using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

chryslerfan55, loudbang and Joe Blow like this.
  7. Unique Rustorations

Unique Rustorations

Rats that sucks. Glad you were checked out. Sure hope you will feel better physically tomorrow. Maybe check in here from time to time since you live alone. Randy

Sent from my iPhone using H.A.M.B.

loudbang, wraymen and Stogy like this.
  8. Roadsir

Roadsir

Sorry to hear, hope you're feeling better soon. Could have been worse if it happened on the road for sure.

9. chessterd5

chessterd5
    from u.s.a.

Mad Mikey, I am sorry to hear that. And I'm glad it was not worse. Take care of yourself. I can't do anything but pray for you and I wanted you to know that I have a lot of respect for you and your car.
    On a separate note, about 7 years ago I had a build thread on my 1927 model t coupe. It's nothing special. 300 Ford C4 and an 8in. 2.79 gears single barrel and single exhaust. And you wrote " you got an honest little hot rod there."
    Your kindness made me feel like a king.
    Thanks and God bless

wizzo, chryslerfan55, rbrewer and 6 others like this.
  10. Stogy

Stogy
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

@mad mikey as much as you don't want to open the door please get a trusted Gearhead to make sure nothing flammable is looking for a spark...neutral wire off...so sorry...

TFoch, Tim, SEAAIRE354 and 5 others like this.
  11. trevorsworth

trevorsworth
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Definitely make sure she's shut down properly.

rbrewer, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  12. lumpy 63

lumpy 63

Shit Mickey, that sucks ass... Take care of yourself first car comes 2nd. Let us know what parts you need for the rebuild.

chryslerfan55, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  13. Dang! That’s tough to read.
    DO NOT PROCRASTINATE! GET TO THE ER FOR A PRELIMINARY EXAM.
    You can rebuild the car, but not if you’re sidelined with some brain injury.
    Better to find nothing now, than a surprise later.

chryslerfan55, loudbang and Stogy like this.
  14. Roothawg

Roothawg

Glad you are ok. The car and shop can be repaired.

loudbang likes this.
  15. deathrowdave

deathrowdave
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from NKy

I’m so sorry to read this . Stuff in the garage is just stuff , positively be thankful you are not hurt worse . I’ll be praying for your full recovery . I know you don’t want to hear it but stuff can be fixed or replaced and it will be , watch out for yourself and let’s get back to having fun with your car .

chryslerfan55, Stogy and loudbang like this.
  16. J.Ukrop

J.Ukrop
    SUPER MODERATOR
    Staff Member

So sorry to hear. Like everyone else has said, focus on resting up first. Your coupe will be back better than ever in no time.

Stogy likes this.
  17. loudbang

loudbang

Well gee Mikey that really sucks with the good weather season coming up. But you will get a laugh when the black eyes come out and you look in the mirror and look like a raccoon. Seriously take care of yourself.

TFoch, chryslerfan55, Blues4U and 5 others like this.
  18. rod1

rod1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Everything has been said.I just feel bad for you.Let us know what we can do to help.

loudbang, rbrewer and Stogy like this.
  19. dan31

dan31

First up, glad your alright, accidents like that can happen stupid fast. Sorry to hear about the coupe, love that car. I'm sure you will have a couple of days of feeling sick over the matter ( who wouldn't?) that's the hard part. Once the wrenches start turning you'll get a back in shape in no time. You got this.

loudbang, winduptoy and Stogy like this.
  20. Budget36

Budget36

Damn. I’m like the rest here to offer moral support. Take care of yourself first, the shop and car can be fixed back up.

loudbang, chryslerfan55 and Stogy like this.
  21. First thing I'm reading this morning. Very upsetting. So very sorry to hear this, but glad you are OK and hopefully have no long term issues. I know that you said you live alone. Do you have relatives, friends or good neighbors close by there in the Hershey area to look in on you? As we get older, a "support system" becomes so very important. I recently had a visit to the ER and if it weren't for my Sister and good friends, I'm not sure where I would be today. Thoughts and prayers out to you, Mike, for a complete and speedy recovery. Sad as it is, the car can wait. Take care of YOU first. Good luck going forward..........Don.

Lil32, TFoch, i.rant and 14 others like this.
  22. Holy shit. I'm so sorry. Glad like everyone else that you'll heal. Tell me if you need help, I'm 45 minutes from Hershey. Seriously. Even if it's just to shoot the shit, clean up or whatever.
    Wife had a TBI years ago, nearly died. Saying with firsthand knowledge, depression may lurk.
    If you start feeling down, hopelessness, unmotivated, talk to someone. If you're well enough, come to Westminster MD for the swap meet this weekend. Look for parts and hang out at my booth if you want.

97, Ron Funkhouser, catdad49 and 9 others like this.
  23. grumpy65

grumpy65

Hey, @mad mikey , that is an offer you should seriously consider taking up. Might be just what you need.

24. Well thats a fucked up Saturday afternoon:eek: you won,t ever forget. Noticed you were just on the h.a.m.b. a few moments ( early in P.A. ) ago so i guess that is a good sign concerning the concusion . If you can post something that makes sense and with no spelling mistakes or the like then we can at least take it that your OK in the noggin. Hope you have a peacefull Sunday. Don,t overdo it.

25. clem

clem

Concussion, delayed concussion all needs to be treated carefully and can take a long time to recover from, - as already said.
    Insurance will take care of the other stuff.

26. OMG glad you are not more seriously injured
    Actually had the throttle stick Saturday on a Corvair I was test driving. Good thing it I shut it off and coasted to safety.
    Yeah definitely hard story to read. Yikes!
    Hopefully everything works out

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

27. Fitnessguy

Fitnessguy

Like the boys all said, look after yourself first, car second. Cars can be rebuilt. Health is always most important

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

28. catdad49

catdad49

Tough to hear, Mike. The good thing is that you are OK, the next step is to recover from the situation. All the Best, Carp.

29. Words already spoken I agree with..letting you know, another guy who can't fully understand how you feel (not ever being in that situation), but hoping it's not as bad as I imagine it to be.