Register now to get rid of these ads!

Mad Dash across the U.S. of A.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by D Staig, Sep 5, 2008.

1. D Staig

D Staig

My good lady and i are heading to the U.S. for 5 weeks in Sept./Oct. to basically check out car shows and speed shops (she's a very patient, understanding girl) and i'm after some local knowledge on good establishments to check out. Itinerary is as follows;

Thurs. Sep. 18 - Arrive SF to attend Billetproof on Sat. 20th.
    Sun. 21st - Fly to NY to spend 5 days.
    Fri. 26th - Fly to Memphis, attend NHRA Nationals, Spend a few days in Memphis and visit Nashville also. Pickup a car and drive down to Ft. Worth.TX
    Fri 3rd/Sat. 4th Oct. - Attend Goodguys Lonestar Nats.
    Sun. or Mon. 6th - Begin the drive to Bakersfield for the CHHR, through Amarillo and stopping at the Grand Canyon.
    Fri. Oct. 10th - 12th Attend California Hot Rod Reunion.

After that we've got a week to hang out around L.A. and put a smile back on my lady's face.

So whaddya reckon?

Also looking to check out some good music...punk rock, ska, country, R'N'R....

Cheers!

2. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

I'd say that's a full schedule my friend. Are you sure you want to find more to do?

3. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

safe trip to you too!!!!! :)

4. BenD

BenD
    Alliance Member

On the way from DFW to Amarillo turn north at Childress and stop in Wellington TX to see FLAT-TOP BOB. As you come into Wellington, Owen's Salvage is the first big building on your left.

5. Goztrider

Goztrider
    from Tulsa, OK

Might offer up a relay from/to the points along your drive. Might be a great way to meet some great people and help a few out along the way.

6. D Staig

D Staig

Well not exactly...just want to make sure i don't miss something cool that might be just around the corner!

7. D Staig

D Staig

Thanks BenD, i'll check it out for sure!

Goztrider thats a great idea, i'll post up my route when the time is closer.

8. TGrant

TGrant
    from Ohio

Kinda sucks you just missed speedweek.

9. INJUNTOM

INJUNTOM

Damn, I was wanting to go to Billetproof this year and just realized it's on a weekend I have to take tests both days....

Well have fun on your trip over here to the states. Billetproof should be cool as hell.

10. Oct 18 Dave and Deke's 3rd Annual Hillbillyfest at Safari Sam's Hollywood CA
    A bit of real Americana. Tobacco spitting contest. Bobbing for dentures in creamed corn. Revenge for "Tie me kangaroo down, sport"

11. GEBHARD

GEBHARD
    from TX...

12. You should stop by the Salt Flats, just to say you were there, then head to California via the Museum in Winnemucca, NV. Check out the recent thread about it.
    There is also the Nethercutt Collection in Sylmar, CA just north of LA.
    Have a wonderful time here in the States.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2008
  13. coolcruiserfj40

coolcruiserfj40

the knitting factory tuesdays at 9pm
    live ska all night

14. see graceland!!

15. James Curl

James Curl

On the way to Amarillo you might want to check out Palo Duro Canyon south east of Amarillo, it runs across that part of the Texas panhandle, our version of the Grand Canyon.

16. Sounds like a fun trip. More than a lot of us who live here have seen. Have fun!

17. D Staig

D Staig

Thanks everyone for all the input, lots of great idea's so far.