Register now to get rid of these ads!

mackster is new to the HAMB!

Discussion in 'New to the H.A.M.B.? Introduce yourself here!' started by mackster, Jun 3, 2006.

1. mackster

mackster

Hello everybody!
    Let me start by first saying thanks for this wonderful place to chat, read, learn and share the love, passion and heartaches that custom/tradional Hot rods may bring. (side note I did not use the words OLD SCHOOL!) Anyways I am from Killa Cali. I have owned a 1953 Chevy and currently own a 1953 DeSoto wich I know very little about. I chopped it already! and I am working in a floor shifter with an extended shaft, which will featutre an 1950 style microphone as it's knob. I will be selling some parts like the back window ( I have no use for it) I am currently looking for any and all parts for a desoto. Modification info, and just some crazy ideas that will make my cheap ride a kick a** custom that will turn some heads. It is very hard around L.A. tons of people have old cars that are well taken care of. My 53 Chevy was all O.G and it was clean! My Desoto is all the way RAT ROD and proud. Hit me up with any and all questions comments or suggestions, EVEN IF you don't like me, that's cool I can respect that.
    Thanks Mack Garcia. ( no, my name it is not a title is a way of living! :cool:

2. mackster

mackster

Here is an update in the desoto. Well I am rebuiding the engine, I got a cool turbo! from a fellow HAMBER (the carfarmer) I am currently working in the bodywork, chopped is finished and I am trying to re-install the windows back on, I thought it would be a lot easier!

Attached Files:

3. What are you gonna put the turbo on?

Welcome,
    Kurt

4. mackster

mackster

Hey kurt, I am actually gonna put it in the flat six desoto. i am looking for a high press. Oil Pump early mopar Red or Blue. I am in need of a Intake manifold as the existinf needs to be cut up for the turbo to go in. i am getting the turbo rebuild right now and i am disapointed that the carb ( Original ) may not hold up to the job. I heard they leak real bad when pressurized, i already got it rebuild so hopefully some one out there have an even swap... well see. thanks for posting MKSTR!:cool: