Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Lyndwood bantam dragster build....final assembly..with pics

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by eastcoast57, Feb 6, 2010.

1. brandon

brandon

right at 2.....and about a half a thing of glaze...though most of it is on the floor.....:D

2. Just got off the phone with your dad. Can't wait until you guys drag it home to VA.

I hope it's here before the Jalopy Drags!

3. ChassisResearchKid

ChassisResearchKid
    from Michigan

You guy's still coming to Detroit?

4. Yes Detroit is the plan...

Got a lot of shit done on superbowl sunday...no time to watch that game...speed parts are better...

Ended up using a pete robinson drive instead of the Isky...

[​IMG]

NOS Moon hydraulic throttle linkage..

[​IMG]

Got the oil guage mounted off the column...

[​IMG]

And then it was time for headers...HotRodChassis hooked us up with the stubbed flanges which were great....we got to bendin and ended up with these...only mocked up, they will each get a flared "trumpet" style end when done...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thats all for now...a few things to finish up at the end of the week and next will be the body....

T.Hilton

6. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

WOW. Thanks. Slim

7. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Looks killer TYLER, I am doing a job up the street from your shop and thought about beating on the door, but did'nt see anybody around..Maybe next time.. LOOKS GREAT!

8. Any thursday night.....come on down...

T.H.

9. lrs30

lrs30
    from Kentucky

Kool Will do with beverages in tow....

10. Such a cool project!

11. Snowed in today....heres a pic of grandad doin the thing in his lyndwood digger in '62...with virtually the same power plant...

[​IMG]

This is what were shootin for....a wheels up 160+ smoke ride down the quarter..It will happen. Only a matter of time...

T.H.

12. Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens

13. Hogdriver

Hogdriver
    from VA

Back when men were men and sheep ran fast!

14. oj

oj

Hey Tyler, what is taking so long? Jeez i bet its' been a couple months since you guys started! You really aren't gonna use that hydraulic cyl for the throttle are you? Treacherous things them cylinders and no way to pull the throttle back in case it gets bound up. Course you could hook up a safety rope to the throttle and give it a tug if it does go over center, just get some SFI certified rope and you'll be right in business. Later, oj

15. wild willey

wild willey

WAY KOOLSVILLE!! "May your 1st lauch bring a HUGE smile to your face, and PUCKER to you neither regions lacking sunshine"!!!

16. Hogdriver

Hogdriver
    from VA

Just got off the phone with your old man....he's talking some shit about shoveling snow off the roof over the boat....sounds like a job that might have been yours if you were home, and no I DID NOT volunteer to help on that little job. I can't wait for the rugrats to go back to school again some day so I can get back out and work on the duece. She's got a full set of hanging pedals now thanks to Titus and a master cylinder on the wall. The dreaded metal work starts next week but I will have to borrow the old man for an extra set of hands to hold this mess together.
    Keep up the nice work.

17. brandon

brandon

he told me the same thing last night , when i talked to him..:rolleyes: just can't imagine having 30+ inches of snow laying around....:D

18. maroon paint? What no Hilton Racing Purple?....LOL

19. No more purple haze! we've "graduated" ;)

T.H.

20. 17dracing

17dracing
    from Indiana

Too Kool !!! Do you want to bring it to Indiana for a race ? Sure would be neat on the nostalgia night !!! Awesome job!!!!

21. Hogdriver

Hogdriver
    from VA

1960 Buick Titian Red just like the rusty turd residing in my humble abode! SWEEEEEET

22. Very cool!!!!

23. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Those stubbed header flanges look familiar! :D

24. A Damn fine product! you can stick your fists thru them exhaust ports..

T.H.

25. HotRodChassis

HotRodChassis
    Alliance Vendor

Yeah, I don't think folks realize just how healthy those 394's breath. That's 2 1/2" tubing people. And it's the size of the exhaust port in the head! :D

26. LeadSledMerc

LeadSledMerc

Looks like grandad was havin a frikin ball!!!:cool:

27. brandon

brandon

well...its in color. a custom blended 1960 caddy , buick , chev honduran pompilian titianish pomagranet purple.....we spent almost 30 minutes on the mix....should look good under the sun and the lights:rolleyes: pics later today.........:D

28. brandon

brandon

you ever take a pic of a color , then the pic is totally a different color...?:eek::rolleyes::D its actually red....not orange.... a couple shots of the body during and after paint....still have interior to shoot , but you get the idea.

Attached Files:

29. Hinge that body !!!!!! Would look bad ass with the body up when being towed up to the staging lanes!

30. ^^^^^And a fat ass like myself might be able to make a pass!