Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration Luzader's '22'

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by J.Ukrop, Jan 31, 2014.

1. 40Pickup

40Pickup
    from Denver, PA

Anyone who went to P.I.D.in the mid-60s remembers Harry's coupe. Some cars can't be ignored, Harry's was one of those. Making a pass or sitting in the pits it was a beauty. I lost track after P.I.D. closed and I moved away. Thought no more about it until one of the magazines (Rod & Custom?) did a one page story on it. Brought back fond memories!

2. caprezmikeb

caprezmikeb
    from pa

Hey guys, I turned wrenches for Harry and Carol for about three years before I moved to phoenix. I thought I was a pretty wise guy until I meet Harry. That guy is one one the smart guy I've ever meet. I spoke with him the other day. The Opel when be seeing day light real soon. He making it street legal. Of course his going way overboard. For example his using a Dart block for street use. FYI I'm pretty sure the 32 sold for ALOT less then 6000. Work beside him for over three years I heard all kinds of stories about the 32 and racing. Someone had mentioned the us nationals. Yes he won that event in 1969.

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

3. Joey,
    Thanks for the great early story....really cool hearing such....and then the other tidbits that folks add....always loved that 32

4. Olderchild

Olderchild
    from Ohio

I wish i would have had bigger balls and not have been such a backward dumb ass kid when i first saw the car at Quaker city, had i known he was as approachable as he was, i would have taken a real good close look at the car,that still pisses me off to this day:mad: like 40pickup said it was one of them cars you could not ignore, when he hit the starting line no one in the stands was sitting and people in the pitts was headed for the fence to get a better look