Register now to get rid of these ads!

lurker

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by jhnarial, Nov 22, 2007.

1. jhnarial

jhnarial
    from MISSOURI

Hi I have been a member for a while now.Thought it was about time to say hi.
    I do have a question does anybody know what a stock mustang II front end measures Hub to Hub.

2. budd

budd

hello, no i dont know, someone will know, if you dont get a responce this evening dont give up, ask again in the moring theres another shift that will be on then. what are you planing to use that front end in?

3. jhnarial

jhnarial
    from MISSOURI

I am asking for a freind he has a 1960 f100.Thanks for the reply

4. That's an awfully light front end for a truck,and probably too narrow.

5. jhnarial

jhnarial
    from MISSOURI

Thats what I am trying to tell him.I am trying to tell him to go with a 1986 thru 1997 ford aerostar.It's a cheap IFS And still remains all ford.What I need to know is what the mustang is hub to hub and the f100 is hub to hub.<!-- End overLIB Code -->

<TABLE width="100&#37;"><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top width=*>
    </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

6. Recently there was a discussion about the aerostar front end, maybe do a search, lots of good info in addition to lots of opinions, both good and bad! I'm leaning toward S-10 chassis for my '36 Chevy truck, it will be full fendered so it won't show, otherwise I'd definitely use a straight axle. Tonight at the Houston Autorama a friend said S-10 is too narrow, never heard that before, but he has three trucks like mine, so what do I know? Maybe different wheels are the answer.

7. Dreddybear

Dreddybear

I used a '70 chevelle front end on my 289 powered '56. It rode and handled great. I highly suggest it.

[​IMG]