Register now to get rid of these ads!

LUNCHED my engine on the way back from the Drags. VIDEO

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by flamedabone, Aug 20, 2012.

1. Ryan

Ryan
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Staff Member

Baddest HAMB Drags motor of all time... Next year, we will have to pour a little out each time.

2. Tantank49

Tantank49
    from 61401

I'll donate a pair of 67 camel hump heads if you can use them. I'll see what else I have. Give us a list...

3. yruhot

yruhot

Just start diggin in to it and she'll let you know what she needs. Got a lot of goodies to make another fine motor. YRUHOT.Doug

4. squirrel

squirrel

He's running a Pontiac engine

5. Willy_P

Willy_P

6. Nick32vic

Nick32vic

Every time I have been since my very first HAMB drags I have said that your car is one of my all time favorites and really embodies the spirit of the event. Glad that it happened so close to home for ya, but sorry it happened. Im also glad that I at least got to say hi to you a couple of times since I havent been there since '09. Maybe next year the sinus infection wont keep out of the parking lot.

ATCH, sorry to hear about your misfortune. I was looking for you all weekend.

7. Reggie

Reggie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

She had a great life!!

8. You mean like for our dead homies???... you're so street. ;)

9. squirrel

squirrel

10. firingorder1

firingorder1

Ran when parked.

11. Jeff,I'm glad to hear you & your car made it home under it's own power and not on a rollback,, that just wouldn't be right for an old war horse like your sedan.

I know the sedan is destine to have another Poncho and will be as good as it ever was in no time! HRP

12. I'll second the offer for help or beer, and how cool the A got you home before giving up. You two have something special!

Bring the remains up to lunch Saturday and we can have a ceremony for it in the parking lot.

Enjoy driving the crappy pickup! Sorry had to say it. Glad you had a great time and made it home homey!

Last edited: Aug 21, 2012
  13. BLAKE

BLAKE

I just stood up, removed my hat, and observed a moment of silence... full honors, man.

14. Jeff,
    Sorry to hear the bad news, but after 80K miles (much of it a quarter-mile at a time), I'd say that you got your money's worth.

If it isn't rebuildable, maybe you can burn the remains on a funeral pyre... Give it a send-off fit for the warrior/king that it was.

15. I've seen that truck and I think it's a great looking truck. HRP

16. 64T-bolt

64T-bolt
    from Kansas

your motor was more of a sport than mine! I spit a rod on my 3rd pass of the day, down at the big end..

17. I agree HRP. I think it's a awesome looking truck! I was using Jeff's words. For some reason he just doesn't love it.

18. At least you made it home okay. Next motor should be even better:cool:

19. Kevin Lee

Kevin Lee
    Super Moderator
    Staff Member

You can blame me if you want – things did get a bit crazy on the way to the Quickie Mart.

20. Sucks to hear, but glad it made all the way home. That engine does deserve a spot on the wall. Interested to see what you find out went wrong.

21. flamedabone

flamedabone
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Oh yea. YOU are getting the blame for sure...

Best HAMB Drags ever.

-Abone.

22. Circus Bear

Circus Bear

Damn that sucks bro. Maybe you should switch from Ponchos to MOPARS :):):):)

23. Willy_P

Willy_P

24. Any time you have a catostrophic failure and end up in your own laneway under your own power-The "Rod Gods" are with you.;)

25. daschaefer

daschaefer

JEFF.... I JUST GOTTA SAY IT AGAIN,,,,, YOU AND THAT CAR ARE FREAKING AWESOME!!!!!

You know what I say every year... "If you dont break something you aint trying hard enough"....... Well buddy, you and that car did it with style......

But Im not sure if you should hang the retired parts on the wall,

My wall is full of dead warrior parts and now I have a theory.....Im pretty sure the new parts see the old dead parts on the wall getting all the glory.... The new parts then get jeleous because they are doing all the work,,,,,,, before long the new parts collapse and devastation happens just so the can have a place on the wall..... Its a simple scientific fact.

Loved hanging out with your crew...... Build something BIG, see you next year!