Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Lucas Oil Additives

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blowby, Sep 8, 2021.

2. This oil works great in vintage air cooled motorcycles.

3. Truckedup

Truckedup

If you are referring to VR1, yes..My vintage British cycle land speed racing turds are pushed to the absolute limit of durability and VR1 is the oil...

leadsled likes this.
  4. AGELE55

AGELE55

After wiping two new cams using standard 10 W 30, back to back, I am now a believer. Just saying…

Attached Files:

5. BRAVO!

Ben

6. RIF, reading is fundamental. When I mentioned wax, it was unrelated to the engine discussion and I was talking BIKES, you know, with chains? It is amazing what we can take from other applications and industries if we just open our eyes. Again, you missed the point that this Engineer argued with us for years until he LISTENED to myself and others and his eyes were opened. At first the science for him was settled (ironic) then he came around and realized another way.

Back to this conversation. Lucas works, I have used many of their products and the next couple motors will run it exclusively. They make many great products. They are proven to me, YMMV

7. My preferred brand would be HD as a hobbyist. In my profession it's just journals, diameters, RPM, surface, radial clearance, etc. British or American it really doesn't matter .

Blues4U likes this.
  8. GlassThamesDoug

GlassThamesDoug
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I read a few web sites that noted racing off road oil, " non API" did not lower zinc levels, as the change was targeting on road API Classification for engines with ex after treatment. Check into those brands as well for tech info. Lubricating oils can be confusing, try globally...