Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lube up your orCA Betties and grab your Galoshes! its the MONTHLY BANGER MEETING!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fur biscuit, Nov 30, 2006.

1. or Rellimah...:D :eek:

2. is it doable to down jet dual 97's instead of running 81's on a stock but cam'ed 4 banger?

3. BRENT in 10-uh-C

BRENT in 10-uh-C

Sure, ............But Why??

4. why down jet? arent the 97's too much?

5. Mine are jetted up.

6. TV

TV

I thought I was the only sick horder that never sold or got rid of anything. And I also can't find a lot of stuff, it's a real sickness, unless your the one with the stuff. Ha Ha.--TV

7. Wildfire

Wildfire

Remember what we talked about Brent - A place for everything and everything in its place.

Tell you what, I'll store some of your banger bits at my house to help you out!

8. What's Rellimah?:confused:

REM is the late Bob McKinney; but you knew that.
    I would like to find a set of his.

9. TV

TV

{REM} I heard that his son was finishing up the last motors that had been sold. But I have tried to get in touch with him and haven't had any luck. I am looking for some Riley carbs. Can anybody help?--TV

10. Simon

Simon
    from London, UK

Hi everyone,

Going to fit my police head in Jan - got it skimed and ready to fit.

11. Cris

Cris
    from Vermont

RELLIMAH = H.A. Miller backwards...the name of Harry Miller's ranch.

Cris

12. Sawracer

Sawracer
    from socal

I got this mystery manifold back from Al Reed polishing today. This brightwork killed all of $30. Worth every penny IMHO. I am just waiting for my winfield from a cyberspace dude I never met and I will be in business. I brought it up before but if you could id this intake I would appreciate it. It suits a winfield B and so far i got a "maybe roof". Bang On.[​IMG]

13. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

That's stunning.

HEY! This is Decemeber's banger meet! Let's move with the times, fellas....

14. The37Kid

The37Kid

15. wanted to show off my newest addition to my banger...

Just got it in the mail today :)

im debating, should I polish it or just clean it up and GO!

I got a Hi-comp head, this setup and now looking for what type of a distributor to run.

Next in line...T-5, adapters and thinking seriously to get a Quick change for the rear..hell, its already open drive...after changing the ring gear to 3.54, open drive, your more than 1/2 way there. :)

Any comments? Im debating to get the one in the Sac. Ford Vintage catalog for $1500. I have heard the V-8 ones are the best (bearing retainer), but I dont think the car will ever see a Flat V8 anytime soon.

Attached Files:

16. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

I fitted one of the Kiwi Quickchanges last year and it's a lot of fun to have. It wasn't quite a weekend's job to fit but once set-up, it's a real trick piece to have.
    I did a tech article on it, here...
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=97454
    A quickie coupled with a T5 would be a shit-load of fun, especially if you've fitted a load of speed parts to your banger. You could run a low rear end ratio (4.11-1 for example) and have great acceleration AND a very respectable cruising speed for the highway.

BTW....I'd just clean it up and Gow!

17. Wildfire

Wildfire

Chopped50 - I'm going to run the FS Ignitions. If you call them and order direct, make sure to tell them what you've done to the engine - they will set the advance curve and whatnot so the ignition is ready to bolt on. I'm also contemplating an MSD box to help keep the plugs from fouling.

18. it is also the name of Harry's company after Miller went defunct and started his next firm. Fred Offenhauser bought the remains of Miller and...the rest is history.

19. Im still running babbits in the motor. I dont have the $$$ to do inserts unless a block for cheap comes up (like that's going to happen)

Tell me more about the FS ignitions...website, number?

I plan on probablly running an MSD w/ a rev limiter to to help extend the life of the motor too.

20. Thannks for the info, I emailed your buddy to get more info on the quickie. Does he have the yoke for open drive? If not, if its the typical 6 spline, an open drive seal and yoke can be made. :) I know I have seen or heard people say to use the 6 spline F250 yoke?

21. Wildfire

Wildfire

Chopped 50 - I can't remember the owner's name, but he is very helpful and seems like he will work with you to get you the right distributor.

www.fsignitions.com

(580) 762-8322

# AL28-31-12C Distributor 12 Volt - with Coil $274. (plus shipping).

22. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

He doesn't make a yoke for the open drive unfortunately, but the Hot Rod Works kit will work, or you could make your own, I guess. I shortened my driveshaft, had it resplined and used a six-spline adapter to hook it up when I was using my stock A trans. Soon to be open drive though as I'm working on a trans swap.

I'm also using an MSD 6A on my banger and it's great. You really notice a difference, though I needed to upgrade the charging system to run it as they take more amps than the stock A generator can supply. I adapted a later model Lucas gennie and fitted a regulator under the seat.

23. To make sure were on the same page, but this quick change is for Model A Rear or later banjo style?

24. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

The quickie I fitted is specifically for the '28-'31 A axle, which has the narrower centre section. The New Zealand guy does make them for later axles, but mine is definitely A.
    I also looked at the QC in the Sacramento Vintage catalogue but decided on the NZ unit after having the opportunity to inspect one of their castings at a friend's house. There are at least three of us over here with a Kiwi Quickchange and we are all very happy with them.

25. The Kiwi QC's appear to be pretty nice and as funds permit I would like to fit one to my Model A pick up with a V8 diff.
    Still working on my 29 but its getting there, probably another couple of weeks and it could be ready for paint.

26. Simon

Simon
    from London, UK

Well I have of finished the work I wanted to do this month.:D

Attached Files:

27. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

That looks excellent, Simon. I've not seen anybody over here use one of those cast headers yet. Superb.

28. ...and can we expect you in the Banger Meltdown this year?

29. Simon

Simon
    from London, UK

30. The detail step on the runner corners looks like Alexander.