Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lube up your orCA Betties and grab your Galoshes! its the MONTHLY BANGER MEETING!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by fur biscuit, Nov 30, 2006.

1. How big is a 'D'? Over 2 inch?

Do you need a bigger intake for it?

2. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

tricks like that are the best! so simple, yet very effective.

3. The Wrong-Un

The Wrong-Un

The D is 2" I'm led to believe. I will need a new manifold, it'll probably be a homemade affair, the old one is going to be sold along with the soon to be surplus B carb.

4. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Ker-ching!

5. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

Rich.

I look forward to taking a look at the banger next year at ElMirage. I think I talked to you a year ago about your fuel injectors. I'm running a blower this next year, but after I'm done with that, I'd like to try out the FI.

I made this last meet of the year, and ran 105. Hope for much more next year. Here's a couple pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Very, very nice. I like it. A lot. I have enough trouble finding room for stuff in a roadster. I don't think I could ever build a tank. See you in May. RF

7. Scott Miller

Scott Miller
    from Tampa, Fla

Anybody know anything about this car, the builder, or more pics of that wicked looking banger?

Attached Files:

8. Stone

Stone

I guess I'm not hip to the scene but what are orcabetties? I take it that its a joke about fat rockabilly chicks. Orca as in whale?

9. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

waawaawaa?!!!! i see a winfield head...i need to see more!!:eek:

10. Taken from Don's Hot Rod Page.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

11. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

it would have to be one of those Hokey Assed clown cars...i dig some of the detail work, and the mill is obviously awesome, but i couldnt get through the door! and the best part is that it has SU's!! (mgtd era too for extra points!)

i think cars like that shouldnt have roofs, or atleast they should be removable so you can get in 'em w/o having to crawl on your hands an knees

12. j ripper

j ripper
    from napa ca.

a little lube and a shoehorn doug...

13. j ripper

j ripper
    from napa ca.

signs point to yes...

14. Fur Biscuit -
    Hokey Assed Clown Car? What kind of talk is that about one of your HAMB brothers? This car is awesome, hand built with traditional style. Yes the doors work and the top opens.

For ALL that are interested!
    The car is owned by Model "Eh", a great guy with tons of talent.

I did a post on a local car show, there are more pictures here.

15. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Yep...I've got a lot of love for SU's too. Not ruled out a pair for my banger at some point.

Bobby Green, that belly tank is superb.

16. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I can't see a single traditional thing about the car as a completed piece. Maybe i am wrong, but i dont recall model A coupes with a 32" stand over height (and a psuedo 8" channel, 6" chop and 6" section) as being traditional?

I really like this car, as i said the detail work is right on (and lots of it is traditional) but it is a (maybe Hokey Assed clown car is a little harsh) show car. Could you get in that car and drive from SF to LA?

Correct me if I am out of line, I am not trying to be an ass (yet invariably i am) and would realy appreciate some critique.

Atleast it is not as bad as the piece of shit that gas monkey garage totes around.

17. HotrodVon

HotrodVon

THAT low "A" was at Bako in October. Had lot's of handy work on it...if that kinda car is your thing. I liked it because of the Banger, unfortunetly the 4 was dissapointing, sounding pretty darn stock.

I'm bettin the car doesn't get drivin that far. Still kudos to the guy for using a 4-holer.

Keven

18. I am rebuilding my Winfield flat head with a Brierley 1A and a 4.562 stroked crank, will have 2 "B" Winfields and a repop crow's foot head, intakes are 1.750 and I will start with a Wico X mag I traded a pinball machine for in 1959. Am I old or what?

19. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

Really?! :D Superb!

20. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

Some really kool stuff here,

I've just discovered no compression in Cyls 3 & 4, so really hoping it's a head gasket, also it the front carb wasn't sucking any fuel, but the rear one was, that's a little odd, the jets didn't seem blocked, the bowl was full of fuel, and the acclerator pump was workin.....

Will be pulling it apart shortly head gasket is on order......

Outback

21. UKAde

UKAde
    from Oxford UK

news from the little banger corner,,,,,,

well it's unheard of but i currently have three cars running,,

the Austin runs well and lent it to a friend of mine for her first vscc driving test (thrashing around cones on a muddy old airfield)

the amilcar wasnt finished for this event so i uesd the A had a great time and won a third place ,, it does great power slides around cones and the cam and light flywheel lets you just steer on the throttle

driving test pics here http://www.nicca.biz/vscc/

the amilcar is now running mot this week,,,, and loads of fun setting the cam timingas the cam isnt std and it wouldnt run when the timing marks were lined up so spent a few hours with a degree wheel and dial guages getting loads of data finaly set the cam to what seemed best then did a timing scan now it seems to run well

new project on the horizon a 1908 cycle car with a blackburne v twin aero engine,, AM I mad!!!

22. Artiki

Artiki
    from Brum...

23. peanut

peanut

hey has anyone used any motorcycle carbs on an A? like a S&S harley carb, or a newer slide carb with a pumper, i also think a cv carb would work good? i have not done much on my banger lately. been working on the house and rideing the trials bike more. i do have some pics of it. if someone can post them for me please? [email protected]

24. UKAde

UKAde
    from Oxford UK

a SU carb is a cv carb,,, i'm sure these would work well,,and easy to get spares ,,

25. Outback

Outback
    from NE Vic

Sure enough, blown head gasket, still waiting on a new one....

will have to torque it up a little more often than last time.

Ob

26. Damn the detail work on that car is fucking awesome... too bad it gets "lost" in a rat rod looking thing.

Raise the body up 12"... get rid of the filled roof and funky visor... and man, then it would be bitchen.

Sam.

27. Bobby Green

Bobby Green

I have to agree with you Sam. I don't mind the roof, but it's super low stance cheapens the car a bit. IMO

28. Sawracer

Sawracer
    from socal

I am waiting on this kit as we speak. I will run a winfield sr bb downdraft on a custom intake, and custom headers. I got a few more tricks up my sleave but I will get this chevy head conversion running first. [​IMG]

29. The Wrong-Un

The Wrong-Un

Nice!

[​IMG]

I love the idea of using a Chevy or Olds head but the chances of finding one over here borders on the impossible. Much like anything else banger related I guess.

30. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

you would happen to have neal jearns contact info handy?