Register now to get rid of these ads!

lowrider work truck and custom trailer

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by praisethelowered, Jul 4, 2006.

1. praisethelowered

praisethelowered

I am temporarily living out in the desert (Joshua Tree, CA) building some houses. I thought some of you might like to see my rig.

See, I could just get a normal worktruck. . and spare my custom from the dirt roads, etc. . . but I figure I'll just wash it all off in a few months and find the shiny car underneath when I return to civilization.

I also needed to carry a bunch of material . . I thought about putting a lumber rack on my ranchero but then I came across this old fiberglass trailer(see "before" photo). They were built for National Rentals (like U-Haul I guess) -so there must be a bunch of them around. They have a cool shape with a diagonal beltline that runs up the side, over the roof and back to the rear. It caught my eye because my ranchero b-pillar has a similar line.

I chopped it, channeled it over the frame, built a flush door, added some 55 chevy fenders and tail lights, and built a rack for it. It is lightweight, perfect for my use, and looks right with my ranchero.

Somebody should make a 60's style mini camper out of one of these things.

Attached Files:

2. low springs

low springs
    from Long Beach

truly an artist...... it looks cool. :D

whenever your in the neighborhood stop by.

3. Spridle

Spridle

ABS pipe burns really well. Nice trailer though.

4. chrisntx

chrisntx
    from Texas .

Great looking trailer!

5. FONZI

FONZI

Man, only you would build that! Glad you didn't put an actual rack on the ranchero.

FONZI

6. praisethelowered

praisethelowered

what does this mean? The plumbing pipes sitting on top of the steel rack are not likely to be exposed to open flame. . unless I eat too much chilli at the next hamb bbq.

7. Skattruggles

Skattruggles
    from Dixon, CA

Damn i wish i had 1/2 that tallent. I have an old uhaul trailer like that that my band uses. If only it looked like that.

8. 133

haven't seen yo around much. the trailer is cool, nice work.

9. Spridle

Spridle

Light some on fire once. Its pretty cool, bubbling oozing flaming mess. Still a neat rig though.

10. 33films

33films

awesome work dude

11. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

cruzing to work, life is good!

I dig it man !

12. Derek Mitchell

Derek Mitchell

That came out nice lookin.

13. Cool idea, nice to see what would normally be a unsightly box on wheel's have some style. Now all you need is some matching wheels, and to paint it the same color as the ranchero.

CBB