Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Lowes Autofair....worth going?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Sixcarb, Mar 18, 2009.

1. BillyBobsSpeedShop

BillyBobsSpeedShop

what seection is the hamb village in?

2. evol55

evol55

I just got back from the Charlotte show. This show is well worth the trip. I didn't even get to make it around the whole show and I went two days. I bought all kinds of stuff. I even turned stuff down. This show was ten times better than Carlisle. I will be there in the fall . It was nice to see the stuff around Charlotte and the Mooresville area. I am ready to move there.

3. Been at Charlotte and Carlisle. I quit goin' to Carlisle. Not enough of the guys cleaning out their garages there.

Quality of cars for sale was inferior to what you'd see at Charlotte.

I didn't get to walk much this meet. I was too busy selling to leave. I saw no effect of Obama's screwed up economy on folks buyin' stuff.

4. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

Don't you mean Bush's left over mess? :eek: There were people buying and selling. And outrageous prices on junk.

5. I don't want to get into politics, but no, I didn't make any mistake in calling this current mess Obama's economy. It's time to stop pointing fingers and placing blame on Bush. He's gone.

The people voted and it is NOW Obama's economy. Those who were Bush Bashers better start living with the fact that B.O. will be criticized just like "W" was. So, get used to it.

He can't hide under the umbrella of partisan politics if he doesn't fix things. He has the entire majority of congress to steer us off the cliff if he wants to go in that direction.

I'm glad I live in a state, SC, where the governor is showing realistic economic judgement. Ya' know, like paying off bills before ya' start spending more $dough$ on wish projects. Almost sounds like the basics of hot rodding with your own hard earned $money$ ;) .

6. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

I hit it on the the way to Maxton.Only had a few hours, it was whirlwind.Some nice cars.
    Auction car:
    [​IMG]
    Some cool customs.
    [​IMG]
    I liked this one ,though I'm not a big fan of the 47(?) grills.
    [​IMG]
    This had my twisted brain wandering.
    [​IMG]
    This was a cool piece but he wanted 30k+
    [​IMG]
    Nice combo. Gee in thirty years it'll be Bass Boats :D
    [​IMG]
    Right tasty SUV!
    [​IMG]
    Nice 34
    [​IMG]

7. vertible59

vertible59

Well said, sir!

8. I second that. He now OWNS it. All 4 trillion.Oops! politics, do I hear a lock snapping?

9. I doubt we'll hear the snap. The guys from the Great State of Texas run this joint ;).

Their governor :cool: has also showed resistance to accepting B.O.'s Federal Fantasy Stimulus $dough$.

10. hscott

hscott

Went to Charlotte was one of biggest turn out for a Sat that I have seen. Lots of parts some at good deals and some a little pricer. Modifiedriver hope you enjoyed the jerky.

11. chopnchaneled

chopnchaneled
    from Buford Ga.

There is one thing about "modified" if its free or a real deal he enjoy's it. :)

12. HScott,

The jerky was a BIG hit :cool: . Thanks a bunch :)!!! ALL the HAMBers and other visitors enjoyed the treats. Those folks with tired feet that took a seat had some jerky at the "HAMB Hospitality Center".

A jerky was better than a $5 track poison burger. You know, $$$ saved to spend on parts, and tasted better than track food.

I personally had one bag and a Slim Jim. Don't think there was anything leftover. If there was, I don't know where it is :eek: .

Thanks again :D.

As you can tell, I have a blast at this event. I don't get much "free" stuff, but I sure do like those deals!!!!!!! The part of the swap I like the most is after negotiating a sale I get to say the two words I like best, "PAY ME" ;) . This meet I had a twin trumpet Grover air horn to blast after each sale :cool: . I had to have NVRA#84 refill the air tank from his on-board compressor numerous times.

A real good weekend. The sale of my '57 Chevy front fenders & parts put me over the top :cool: .

Now I can pay the vet to operate on my 12 year old chocolate Lab. He's been a good buddy, I owe him that :) .

13. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

:)

I was there ... on my swap meet spots ( just directly across the pavement from the HAMB village ). I did not take the first thing to sell but had a GREAT TIME. Always good to see old friends and hang out with my brother.

I did have two different people walk up to me and say Aren't you a 32 Ford guy ?? I said yes. They then wanted me to come look at their 32 Ford stuff and make them a offer. I bought it all.

More stuff I do not need ... and most likely never use :rolleyes:

ALWAYS a good time @ spring AUTOFAIR ... :D

14. D'Monsta

D'Monsta

Anybody going this weekend?

15. motoandy

motoandy
    from MB, SC

thinking about it. Waiting to see what the storm will bring to my area. If I go I leave wife and 2 little ones behind.....

16. hotrod_willie

hotrod_willie

First stop by our coast there is alot of fresh air coming in. Nothing like smell fresh ocean air.

17. I'm a scratch! I've got company stopping by. Irene's a BIG girl and I need to stick around just in case she breaks something!

If you do go, you might be able to pick up some really good deals.....you know....supply and demand!

The demand will be down (lack of attendance) so the prices may follow!

18. D'Monsta

D'Monsta

Coming around again this weekend.. I'll be going Saturday. I have friends in the CCB 45 - CCB 47 spaces with 59-60 Chevy El Camino and Wagon stuff.

19. Stop by the Iron Lord's clubhouse in downtown Concord for the Colville's "Back-from-the-'Stan" homecoming hoedown on Saturday night! It'll be one to write home about!

20. I will be there in the green field. Will bring some 34 pickup truck parts to sell, like 2 pretty good doors, some cross members, trans, column, pedals etc.And some Y-block stuff.

21. Im set up with some Model A parts and other misc. in the orange field on UO17 and 18. Drop by and say hey! Either myself (Tommy) or my wife Jessica will be there.