Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lowering my 32 chassis?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by racerdaddy1, May 27, 2012.

1. racerdaddy1

racerdaddy1

I am finally ready to get started on my 29 sedan on deuce rails. It sounds like I need to pinch it in to fit the body and all that. My big concern is how can I get it lowered? If I get a drop spring/axle for the front, will the steering clear the rails? How do you guys normally get the rear down? I am thinkng about using a T-5. Is there plenty of room for clutch and brake pedal on the frame with the 29 body?

Last edited: May 27, 2012
  2. 4" drop axle, reversed eye sprind, lowered crossmember, and a model t spring for the rear instead of a model a spring is the standard way of doing it. as for the t5 and pedal assembly it all varies with your center crossmember and the way you set it all up. best way to answer your questions is to do a search for builds. ie..

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=263380

3. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Everything you ask has been done hundreds of times just here on this site …. Search button