Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lowering leaf over suspension

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 37neverdie, May 9, 2009.

1. 37neverdie

37neverdie

Hey guys my 37 hudson has leaf over front suspension. Whats the best way to go about lowering it? I want go about 3 inchs or so. here are some pics

Attached Files:

2. Mount the axle to the top of the spring. You could also have the spring eyes reversed to sit it lower.
    Other things, harder to do or get done would be, de-arching the springs or having dropped spindles made or modify a set to fit.
    Doc.

3. 37neverdie

37neverdie

ok cool so it would be a case of taking the springs off. and re mounting them under the axle yer? so i could use my existing setup? anything else i need to know before haveing a go at this?
    cheers for the help doc

4. Leave the springs on and thread the axle through over the top. I'm not too familiar with the Hudson set up you need to consider if you have room for the axle to go under compression and the bones as well. You don't want them hitting the underside on a big bump.
    You may need to have the axle dropped to keep the movement clearance.
    As have never worked on a 37 Hudson I have a question though, in your pics what is the rod that hangs down on the right of the spring?

Are you a member of OzRodders?
    http://www.ozrodders.com/board/index.php
    If no, join up. You will get plenty of help and find out where things can be done for you here in Oz.
    Doc.

PS, please show us some pics of your car!:D

5. 37neverdie

37neverdie

DOC! just realised you live in bald hills i do to! near the soccer fields. crazy. im not sure what the rod is ill check it out tomorrow. ill sign up to ozrodders i didnt know it existed

6. No friggin way! I have actualy moved recently but I lived in Paladin Place, right next to the playing fields!

7. old lady's mad

old lady's mad

if you cant do the underslung trick , you can remove evry other spring from the pack's . it will lower it and make it ride better .

8. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Pull the rear and put the rear on top of the springs .