Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Lowering Blocks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Voh, Nov 3, 2015.

1. Voh

Voh

I need to get a drive shaft made for my project, but have a couple of questions about it prior to ordering it. I am not 100% certain if I will end up with lowering blocks on the car. My question is, how much difference, if any, will it make if I measure the driveshaft now, and then ultimately go with 2" - 3" lowering blocks?

2. Shaft should be alright,BUT, get busy with a yoke=length. Do it correctly. A 3'' block is bordering possibly changing pinion angle,then we have to set things with that set up....... Your just moving up and down some,not drastically moving for and aft...... Fulcrum/Arc......
    Other thing's to consider..... pinion to floor, scrub line,travel..........
    Oh wait,it'll get better............;)

3. Voh

Voh

One positive note, the perches aren't welded yet, so the pinion might not be an issue.

Scrub line is in my mind. I'm thinking 2" would be the max. Just trying to get that correct butt-heavy stance.

4. Well you have some wiggle room then. Always gotta keep things in mind. You can always weld the perches in a "middle ground" so you can go back and forth in case you want different looks. You'de just have to do a couple of mock up's,but sliding in a thinner block isn't the issue, it's the final u-bolts/bolt fitting. Suggestion is start with the taller block/longer bolts first. You got it.

5. 302GMC

302GMC
    from Idaho

Dearch the springs ....