Register now to get rid of these ads!

lowering blocks for 49 plymouth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rockin562, Jul 25, 2008.

1. rockin562

rockin562

i just got a 49 plymouth and i want to put lowering blocks to help the ass sit a little closer to the ground. but i noticed that the leafs are alot smaller then most. do i need to get special blocks made or will the blocks they sell at parts stores work ok? please any feedback would help out alot.

2. rodknocker

rodknocker

I think the problem may be where the bolts go through the plates.These need to be lined up to keep the axle tight to the block to the leaf.

3. plmczy

plmczy

Rockin, I made my own lowering blocks with 2x2x1/4 square tubing. Make sure if you do make them line up the mounting holes. They do make lowering blocks for the narrow springs but they don't include the u-bolts(which I needed to buy anyway when I made my own). later shawn
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Specialdeluxe

Specialdeluxe

Not sure if I'm too late on this but I bought a nice set from Mooneyes. They have a "skinny" set that fits the 49 Plymouth leaf springs nicely. Even has the part for the bolt so everything lines up.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 11, 2008

5. I built my own with box and flat plate on the bottom( no rocking side to side )I also made own shock mounts and dearched the springs. I will hunt down picks