Register now to get rid of these ads!

lowering a 65 c10?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by EasyBake, Sep 11, 2012.

1. jason65

jason65

Watch your front bumpstops. I had to cut mine compleatly out so I wouldn't bottom out. I drilled my lower a arms and used a bumpstop for a Dodge Ram. Gave me just enuff clearance. This pic was before I added a couple washers so the bumpstop would hit before my swaybar.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 18, 2012
    1Nimrod likes this.
  2. EasyBake

EasyBake
    from Bedford IN

So you only cut 1 coil? And it lowered it that much? I want to stay pretty level so dont want to cut to much off the front but don't want to go through all the work and it not be low enough!

3. slammed

slammed

1 wrap of the coil cut away will lower it app. 2". Do your rear coil job 1st. Then you will know how much lowering in the front you will need to achieve near level stance. You should factor in the budget shorter shocks. Do you have a front sway bar? If not, snag one. Thank the people who are giving time and advice.

1Nimrod likes this.
  4. i've had many 67 to 72 c10s. same rear suspension for the most part. the yj jeep coils are tempting because they are cheap at about any 4x4 shop, but, if your planning on putting anything but sailboat fuel in the bed of your truck, it's a bad idea. if you go with the 4" spring as planned your going to need an adjustable track arm to move your rear end back into place. your also going to need a shock relocater kit. when you lower the rear the shocks are at a hard angle. all this stuff is pretty cheap. i'll post pics from my phone in a sec.

1Nimrod likes this.
  5. This my current 72. No 7 so far. This has 4 in springs does not bottom out. I've got the adjustable track relocater but no shock relocater kit. If you look hard you can see how much of an angle they are at. Rides bouncy in the rear because the shocks can't do they're job ImageUploadedByTJJ1348020270.649067.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1348020288.260228.jpg ImageUploadedByTJJ1348020308.710536.jpg

Posted from the TJJ App for iPhone & iPad

1Nimrod likes this.
  6. homeslice

homeslice

totally on point. i lowered my c-10 the same way.

1Nimrod likes this.
  7. by the way those are lowering shocks that came with the kit. cut one coil off the front and you'll be about 2" lower and your stock shocks will be fine.

1Nimrod likes this.
  8. EasyBake

EasyBake
    from Bedford IN

Thanks guys this is all great stuff! This is my first time Lowering anything!

1Nimrod likes this.
  9. slammed

slammed

[​IMG][​IMG] From Early Classics: Shock re-locator kit $60.00. The other is the Shocks& kit $209+shipping. They sell a lot of components check them out.

1Nimrod likes this.
  10. EasyBake

EasyBake
    from Bedford IN

Just finished lowering the truck! Went super smooth only had to cut one bolt off! 4" drop springs in the rear, and cut about coil and a half from the front, rides better than it did! Fender to ground in rear went from32" from ground to about 26 1/2 , front went from 31 to 26', love it! And went and picked up a new fridge so I can still haul stuff. Will get some pics on In the morning! Next stop body work! Unwrapped the hammer kit tonight!

1Nimrod likes this.
  11. Slick Willie

Slick Willie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just picked up a 64 fleet side for my off spring and plan to do the exact same thing... Good daddy daughter project....

1Nimrod likes this.
  12. EasyBake

EasyBake
    from Bedford IN

Yeah I planed on it being a father son project but he is more worried about rideing g his bike and skateboards! So it turned into a father daughter project she's only 3 but she is super into it! She has made it clear that it is her truck!

1Nimrod likes this.
  13. EasyBake

EasyBake
    from Bedford IN

Before and after

Attached Files:

1Nimrod likes this.
  14. EasyBake

EasyBake
    from Bedford IN

During just the rear lowered

Attached Files:

1Nimrod likes this.
  15. FlowerForwarder

FlowerForwarder
    from akron, OH

165 C 10

CPP springs in the front and rear.....blocks in back as well.

the slammed pic is photo shopped.

Attached Files:

16. bison_brgr

bison_brgr
    from Manor TX

on the truck pictured in avatar: just installed CPP 2 inch lowering springs in front, and i actually ended up with a 1.5 inch lift. CPP coils were actually 1.5 inches shorter than stockers, but they were definitely stiffer. guess the original coils were just that saggy. do you recommend cutting the originals coils or cutting the new ones? I still have drums on front. Thanks.

1Nimrod likes this.
  17. Leo Klein

Leo Klein

What year Wrangler rear spyings?????

1Nimrod likes this.
  18. Leo Klein

Leo Klein

What year Wrangler rear sprongs do you use.????

1Nimrod likes this.
  19. DDDenny

DDDenny
    from oregon

Spell checker to the HAMB aisle please!

little red 50 likes this.