Register now to get rid of these ads!

lowering a 64 nova?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by lucky, Mar 22, 2010.

1. my girl wants to lower her nova 2"...i can do the blocks in the back no problem, but was looking at the strut suspension and wondering if it's okay to heat the coils...this is a temporary low-buck situation, and will later go with bags.

**ok, this sounds like the kind of post where the guy asks for your opinion and then gets pissed over the opinions he gets..not looking for opinions on heated coils, just your experience with heated coils on this particular car*****

Last edited: Mar 22, 2010
  2. Heated coils are never a good idea.

3. Racrdad

Racrdad

2" lowering coils for that car are cheap. I bought a pair for something like $70 plus shipping a couple of years ago. Put them on, fenderwells headers rubbed the tires on full lock to lock turning so I took them off. Still got em, search the classified section if interested.

4. I know that in a perfect scenario, heated coils would fall dead-last, but I also know that they aren't as bad as they get made out to be...had an impala years ago with heated coils and drove the snot out of it for quite some time with no trouble. I'm not asking if it's a good idea per-se, just have not dealt with this particular type of suspension and want to know if it has been done and what to be careful about( aside from the "heated coils are a bad idea" part)

5. pm sent...thanks for the heads-up!

6. HitIt

HitIt

I'd cut the coils before I would heat them. Same price!

7. bonez

bonez
    from Slow lane

Well, you can always cut 1 or 2 coils! being struts dont make'em any diffrent than a separete coil/shock set up.
    Of course the more you cut the more shitty it gets! But over heatin'em IMO is better.
    One or two turns shouldnt be a problem and might also improve handling.
    Do your math right and you'll only take it apart once.
    Good luck.