Register now to get rid of these ads!

Technical Lowering a '48 Fleetline

Discussion in 'Traditional Customs' started by 206tee, Mar 23, 2014.

1. I'm about to instal one of these in my 47, they reckon that 1" blocks will drop the front by 2". It just spaces the spring holder below the A arm. It also allows you to run your stock springs and you can return it to stock height if you want.

2. FLAT BLACK 42

FLAT BLACK 42
    from West coast

Can someone post a picture of the illustrated instructions so I can have a better understanding

3. thecrazed(k)666

thecrazed(k)666

i saw these on ebay before, wonder how good they work , and ya alot cheaper than drop spindles !!!!!!

4. jcmarz

jcmarz
    from Chino, Ca

I wouldn't trust blocks on the front of any car period. It's Mickey Mouse.
    Just buy a set of 2 inch coil springs.

5. Model A Gomez

Model A Gomez

I used it on my 53 Merc about 20 years ago and then sold it to a friend, he has driven it 50,000 plus with no problems. I also cut half a coil out at the same time to get it to set where I wanted it, would use it again, no problems with alignment or ride.

Attached Files:

6. If you can, post some pics of the installation or a description of the installation and your impressions (Good product, ride quality after the installation, ease of installation, etc...) Model A Gomez would buy it again. I wonder why more people haven't used this set up over drop spindles if it's easy to install and less costly.

Thanks,

7. BUHOG

BUHOG

Butch has very good items. I have a set in a 51 mercury

8. If you have a look , they are sold as a "fits many makes" type set-up.
    If you make your own, to fit your vehicle, then you can do away with the slots and just have 4 holes. A 1" thick X 1& 1/4" piece of mild steel with 2 holes in it , cut to lenghth for yor car is as simple as it gets. Replace the rivets with some hi-tensile bolts and you will be OK.

9. hellerlj

hellerlj
    from Minnesota

People have been doing this for YEARS.....simple solution...If you don't like
    it, it is easy enough to return it to stock...

10. Thanks everyone for responding. I may look into doing this.