Register now to get rid of these ads!

Lowering a 47 plymouth

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by FairFlathead, Feb 3, 2011.

1. FairFlathead

FairFlathead

A buddy of mine has a 47 plymouth coupe and we are looking for different ideas to lower it about two inches just for a better stance. We are also wondering what would be the best sounding exhaust for the flathead 6 thats in it. Any answers would be greatly appreciated.

2. missysdad1

missysdad1
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Cut coils and relocated front shocks alone put my coupe at this height back when it still had all the stock stuff underneath. Slight forward rake, tire stagger. Rode good, handled good. Do a search. Lots of info on lowering mopars.

[​IMG]

If you want to lower the rear, you'll need 2" deep BY 2" WIDE blocks for the rear due to the narrow leaf springs on your friend's Plymouth. I think Jamco is the only place these are available now, but there might be others.

Good luck!

:)

Last edited: Feb 3, 2011
  3. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

Get a pair of fatman dropped spindles. I think they're still being made. That will drop the car and not sacrifice ride quality. If that's not enough then cut half a coil or so. Or you could replace the whole front suspension with a Mustang II unit and put air bags in it. I wouldn't do the latter personally, but it's your car. I don't know the style you want.

4. hkestes

hkestes