Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs Lowering 57 Lincoln

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kato Kings, Sep 26, 2019.

1. Kato Kings

Kato Kings
    from Minnesota

I am wondering if anyone has been down this road. Lowering the rear no big deal. My question is the front. I know about the fatman spindles. I am curious if the Granada spindles work on these lincolns. Anyone that has info about how they did it, I will be grateful for any info.
    5912001081.jpg

2. FrozenMerc

FrozenMerc

I would be real suspect of putting Granada spindles on a Lincoln Premiere. The Granda spindles were designed for a 3,000 lb car, the Lincoln weighs at least 50% more, most sources I can find show 4,700 lbs plus depending on body style. That is shit ton of increased load on those spindles, and fatigue failures on front suspension components are not fun at highway speeds.

Try some of the big coil spring manufacturers. Eaton / Detroit Spring or Eibach.

Eaton lists lowering springs for the '57 Premiere.
    https://www.eatondetroitspring.com/application/premiere/

If nothing else, use a spring calculator to calculate the spring rate by measuring wire diameter, number of coils, end style, etc and see if you can find something that has a similar or slightly higher rate, but a shorter compressed height under the same loading (corner weight of each front tire).

Last edited: Oct 1, 2019