Register now to get rid of these ads!

lowered front end need help finding right size shocks !!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 54fordmainline, Jan 30, 2007.

1. 54fordmainline

54fordmainline

hey guys , i lowered the front of my 54 ford by cutting about two coils out of the springs but the problem is when i removed the factory shocks they were shot with no sign of life! since i lowered the car do i need smaller shocks? how do i go about measuring for the right size ?what do you guys suggest?
    tim

2. 390kid

390kid

if you hit your bump stops before the shocks bottom out your fine. or just take your shocks to napa and find some with a compressed and extended length 2"s smaller.

3. One post, so chances of you coming back to add to the board are pretty slim. Seems to be a ton of one shot questions out there lateley.

www.rcdclassics.com go to the classics side and look for an Email link. Give them the dimensions you need.

4. 54fordmainline

54fordmainline

i just signed up but been posting under my dads name so youll see me again

5. Monroe has the necessary info on their site.
    The link has been posted here many times.

6. Great to hear,

Again Steve Duck over at RCD can help you pick the right shock for your application. Then you can buy them through me.

Become an Alliance Member, and I will give you a good discount!