Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Lower Adirondack reliability run who' interested?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by plym_46, Feb 22, 2011.

?

Would you attend this type of event

Poll closed Mar 14, 2011.
  1. You bet, I'll be there

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. I'm leaning that way but it would depend on the dates

100.0%
  3. Car not ready

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. not interested

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Last fall hillbilly 4008 and I discussed the possibility of putting on an event centered at his shop NE or Rome NY. It would iclude an open house, a 60 to 80 mile run through the foothills of the mountains, a lunch break, a returnt the shop and an informal cookout, bring your own food and beverage.

The run would be in the similar to a road rally rather than a nose to tail parade. Cars would start at 1 minute intervals, follow printed route instruction, and driven at speeds listed in the directions, arriving at the lunch brak area, then continuing back to the shop.

Looking at late MAY early June and targeting NY, NJ, PA and New England folks. Like to get a feel of level of interest before pouring time and gas money into developing the route. There might be a moderate entry fee to cover expenses and maybe provid some prizes.

2. Olds Tinman

Olds Tinman
    from W.N.Y

It sounds great don't know if the 41 would do it. That is a littel early for my spring shake down. Some times I not even raedy for the victor show. How Far is Rome from Rochester?

3. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

130 miles give or take, between syr and utica.

4. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY