Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods low priced aluminum radiator

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by sponge, Apr 7, 2014.

1. sponge

sponge
    from Austin tx

So when I picked up my 31 coupe it had a chopped walker radiator and chopped 32 grill shell. So I am trying to raise the grill shell enough to make it look proportionate to the rest of the car. but it needs to move up at least 3" I could maybe raise the rad up 1" max and the grill 3" leaving a large 2" space above the rad and grill and also the bottom of the grill will not reach down far enough (pretty ugly). So my question is has anyone had much success with the low priced 3 core aluminum radiators available? I have a mild SBC engine.
    [​IMG]

2. I've used a couple $200 specials. One for 5 years now. No problem at all. I guess there are bad one out there. I just haven't found one. ......yet.

3. Don's Hot Rods

Don's Hot Rods
    from florida

We've used a few from PRC and they have worked well and are well made. Price is very reasonable too.

Don

4. I SMELL SMOKE

I SMELL SMOKE

I had a radiator made by some guys in mount Clements Michigan. They are on ebay. I called them and told them the size I wanted and hose locations. When I called the guy said if I ordered over the phone instead of ebay he would include shipping in the price of the radiator. I got a nice radiator in about a week. I would recommend this guys. They have great service and price. Plus they are made in USA. There #586 463 8722

Posted using the Full Custom H.A.M.B. App!

5. captmullette

captmullette

ive got one on my drag car, works great and all welded no glue .......

6. 29moonshine

29moonshine

7. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

8. 57Custom300

57Custom300
    from Arizona