Register now to get rid of these ads!

low pressure inline fuel pump

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ssaahemifan, Dec 31, 2011.

1. ssaahemifan

ssaahemifan

Can anyone recommend a reliable low pressure (~5lb) inline electric fuel pump ?

Just looking for something quiet to work along with a stock pump in hot weather as needed, and to prime the carb after sitting. Will not be running continuous.

Tried one of the square professional products pump and it is junk

Thank You and Happy New Year to All

2. tbill

tbill
    from central ny

we used to get them from car-quest, 6v or 12v, use them for pretty much what you have described, but mostly for a good prime after sitting for awhile. i think napa also carries a similar pump. sorry, no part numbers off hand.

3. Kerrynzl

Kerrynzl

Search the "Walbro" website, they would be the most reliable pumps on the market. [ and USA made for you patriotic types ]

Their FRB series can be used for diesel lift pumps etc and are reliable enough to shift refrigerant in "reefer containers"

4. Cerberus

Cerberus

5. F-6Garagerat

F-6Garagerat

6. rodknocker

rodknocker

7. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I've had the Purulator cube fuel pump http://www.amazon.com/Purolator-Univ-Fuel-Pump-4-6psi/dp/B0002KL408 that I bought at Autozone and now have under my 71 GMC on two vehicles and haven't had a problem with it. Under 40 bucks most places and it is usually hanging on a peg back by the fuel filters.

I ran it on a 76 Seville that I changed from fi to carb when the fi crapped out and then on my 71 when I installed the engine in it and the stock pump was tits. It doesn't get whiny when the stock pump now pulls fuel through it even though it isn't hooked up to the electrical system right now.

8. Got mine at Advance Auto for a mid 70's Jaguar, about $40-advice from the Flathead Forum. I used the low pressure reg from Summit-about $28, not the dial type. I'll look for the part # next year :) and report back.
    RB

9. Found it. Application is ~80s Jag
    AC# EP42S
    GM # 6472382
    Also,
    Carter# p4070 - 12 volt or,
    " p4259 - 6 v

Summit Racing has Holley low pressure regulator.
    Hope this helps.
    RB

10. Hot Rod Chris

Hot Rod Chris

Auto zone
    Airtex brand
    E8012s
    5-9psi

11. Engine man

Engine man
    from Wisconsin

Make sure you put a filter in before any electric pump or it won't live long.

12. ssaahemifan

ssaahemifan

Thanks for the suggestions guys

13. safari-wagon

safari-wagon

Anybody know if these pumps are rated for the amount of alcohol in today's gasoline?