Register now to get rid of these ads!

Low buck, home built dual plane HEMI intake

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustombuilder, Jan 6, 2009.

1. Locdrjr

Locdrjr

Update... this is Dean, Dan's oldest boy he sold the 32 and never ran the intake, still has it and will find a home for it(project) thanks for the interest, will update when it rolls over....

2. I dunno, chrome powder needs a clear coat, so I would quote that around 100-120.
    I like the fact he is making it himself and I'd bet it runs as smooth as butter

3. 73RR

73RR

I'm thinking that there are probably 20-30 guys on the board who would be willing to 'test' it for you....

Last edited: Feb 7, 2011
  4. Thanks for the update!
    I Almost bumped this yesterday for the annual "what the hell is going on" OBLIGATORY update

5. SuperDan

SuperDan

Hey, I thought it was over about the manifold, Sorry guys. Just to let you know ,I'm building a chopped 53 stude,put the body on a 84 cutlass frame and floor pan, extended the frame 12 inches between the lower a frame and the dog leg,angled the radiator about 45 degrees,moved the firewall back about 8 or 9" , chopped the top 4" and used a stock windshield by moving the complete windshield frame ahead at the bottom and leaning it back to meet the front of the roof, made the drip edge level with the bottom of the car ,(Took the wedge out ), bought a 354 hemi from Dave Shuten so I have some place to put the intake, trying to decide between a auto and a 4 speed, leaning towards the 4 speed, last time I measured the top of the roof was 46" high, Kustombuilder said he was going to post the build after Cobo hall this weekend. I'm planning on keeping this one,the 7th stude I've owned, the first I've chopped, not that hard to do , just a weeks worth of planning and a months worth of fab and weld,I got to cut a hole in the hood to clear the carbs and I'm having issues with that thought. I've owned the stude about 90 days now and is a roller with the usual moon caps. Thanks for all of the input and praise, every one of you can do it, whats the worst that can happen, weld it back together, change your idea, say I did it, and tell the others to show you there's ! I'll be 64 in April and I'm still doing it my way, every day. Dan:)

6. George

George

If not hacking the hood is important enough, just throw on an OEM 392 intake & save your intake for something else.:(

7. hellsgaterods

hellsgaterods

thats just plain 'ol kool, nice work!

8. SuperDan

SuperDan

I thought that the farther the carb is from valves, the more hesitation you get ? crossram for a Hemi,good idea.

9. SuperDan

SuperDan

Thank you, I don't know how I find time to sleep,I'm afraid to stop because I don't know whats there.

10. SuperDan

SuperDan

Sorry, I thought it was over on the intake, I updated it yesterday on the thread about the intake,still in my garage,might put it on my chopped 53 stude. My son told me about this news needed on the intake, I got about 500 hours on the stude in the last 90 days, being retired sometimes makes a guy crazy , Dan