Register now to get rid of these ads!

Motion Pictures "Love the Beast" by Eric Bana; cool flick!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 62rebel, Oct 25, 2010.

1. 62rebel

62rebel

i found this on Hulu last night and watched it; it's an OT car, sadly, but look past that and into WHY he built the car... it's got lots of track footage and a couple of interviews Bana had with Jay Leno, Jeremy Clarkson, even Dr full of himself....

not a bad way to kill an hour and a half. watch it, you guys will like it.

BTW; also watched "Fireball 500" yesterday.... one word: CARNAGE. you guys who keep asking where all the good 2 dr hardtops went? this, and "Thunder Alley".

2. el Scotto

el Scotto
    from Tracy, CA

I saw the movie, not bad, but you can definitely tell he was filming it as he went along, the "Oops!" changed the movies whole direction.

What the heck is Dr Phil doing in there anyways?

3. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Very good movie! I hope he makes another one

4. 66Coronet440

66Coronet440

I liked it. Jeremy Clarkson's input is always good.

Register now to get rid of these ads!

5. aar0s

aar0s
    from So.Il.

i finally got to see this on netflix (still available to stream i think) a few months ago. No HAMB friendly cars that i can remember but defiantly a cool film. last i was able to find he hasn't done anything with the car in a while.

6. 50Fraud

50Fraud

Good flick. I enjoyed it a lot.

7. VenomousType

VenomousType
    from Atlanta GA

i like the car lots..

and i like how Leno busted his ass..

8. May not be HAMB friendly but he loves that car the way we love ours and his Dad's car was cool American iron. Liked him in this more than the Hulk.

9. ScottV

ScottV

The thing I liked is that he showed he is a true car guy, not a celebrity that got into cars. Just the fact that car needs way more work than it is worth is not going to stop him from redoing it says that !!!

10. SixFive

SixFive

Very true. It's funny that before he was a big Hollywood star he was just the funny guy on TV and you can see in his early comedy how his family and cars influenced his life. He was just a average guy telling stories of growing up in the suburbs of Melbourne.

I got to see the movie premier at a drive-in and it just added to the whole experience. He just seems like a regular easy going guy. Except very funny.

I'm sure life has got in the way of cars for a bit but I bet it will be back one day.

11. I saw it and loved it! The part I liked the most was when he said he looked up and saw a guy in a drivers suit outside his window and asked where he came from,and the guy told him his car was down the hill in front of him,hahahaha! They both crashed in the same place!
    He must have had a bunch of money in that car,cause he sure didn't like the idea of rebuilding the whole car.

12. switchkid0

switchkid0

This film, and "Chopper" are the best work he's ever done.