Register now to get rid of these ads!

Love me some wheelies!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by h2omonkey, Mar 29, 2012.

1. h2omonkey

h2omonkey
    from vegas

Who doesn't like watching wheelies? No one, that's who. The black biscayne (i think that's what it is kills me with the frame torque). A few ot cars here but fun to watch. Bryon wheelstand contest from 2009.
    <iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/IcNOARYRgtw" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="420"></iframe>

2. boutlaw

boutlaw

They are cool to watch, but I can't see destroying a perfectly good race car for a wheelie contest. Maybe the payout for the best wheelie is some massive pile of dollars, but I wouldn't think that to be true. But what the hell do I know, the last wheelie I did was on my bicycle!

3. ^^^Agree 100%. Those wheelie contests lately have gotten out of hand. You have to destroy your car to even be in the running for the cash. I'm a car guy, I hate seeing stuff get destroyed.

4. Wheelie contests are new?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. I'm sure that Bill Golden and Hollie Schwartz wouldn't have destroyed those trucks on purpose, like the guys are doing today. That's how they made their living back in the day.

Awesome pictures!

Last edited: Mar 29, 2012
  6. falcongeorge

falcongeorge
    from BC

I heard somewhere the payout for winning the Byron contest is $20,000? But I am still in the "dont get it" camp.

7. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And I just had to throw this kinda O/T shot in here
    [​IMG]

8. afaulk

afaulk

The pic of the 57 Pro Mod shows the wishbone (track locator) hanging down, as if it came off the slide...or broke the heim end. Also check out that bent up wheelie bar. A stronger wheelie bar might be in order, and maybe just a little less bite in the 4 link? Damn what a mess!
    Very cool Wheelie, winner hands down!

9. I hate it when wheels fall off lol....

10. firingorder1

firingorder1

A little OT but way ahead of a block in the trunk.

[​IMG]
    By weslake at 2008-12-18

11. Im gona do some:D

Attached Files:

12. go-twichy

go-twichy
    BANNED

some of those cars are mangled. fun to watch, but also kind of a sick feeling.

13. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

If you're going to do it, do it with class.

[​IMG]